Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > 7.62 Enfield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does 6.85 lbs look like??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does 6.85 lbs look like??
    Posted: January 04 2022 at 12:13pm
   It looks like this. This rifle is as user friendly and utilitarian as it can get. When I started this project, the initial objective was to make a clone of the L42A1.  That wasn't going to happen so my next thought was to make a clone of the L8 series of Enfield rifles. It looked damn near perfect. However, as things being the way they are with me, it still wasn't what I was looking for. Nothing on this rifle is original to it, nothing. With that in mind, I set out to make it as light as possible while also retaining a front and rear sighting system in conjunction with a scope. I found a replacement stockset of the sporterized kind.and lightened the forend. Every metal bit that could be lightened was lightened. It is no longer a service rifle and it is no longer a sporterized rifle. It is a Utility Grade that does what it was intended to...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 12:24pm
Looks real nice, how`s it on the shoulder with full loads.
When they get light, they start to hurt... well with my old skinny shoulders anyway.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 12:45pm
What does it weigh without the bipod, scope and scope mount? Must be under 5 lbs.  Thats a very light rifle in 7.62.   
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 1:36pm
Minus just the bipod, it weighs 6.85 lbs. The bipod weighs an additional 18 ounces...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 1:53pm
Nice! One day I'll weigh my Goobermint Model sporter.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 2:16pm
I was researching something Enfield related the other day and the very first image that popped up on the Google search was your Goobermint Model...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

Looks real nice, how`s it on the shoulder with full loads.
When they get light, they start to hurt... well with my old skinny shoulders anyway.
I haven't shot it yet in this configuration.  In full furniture I can only compare it to a 30-30 as far as recoil goes...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 4:35pm
That`s not too bad then. I like 30-30 especially out of an old heavy level gun
When I first posted I thought it was .303 and I know how much my No5 hurts after 5 rounds. Ouch
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 6:58am
Methinks I asked this before...but where does one find those front sight "hoods"?
I'd like to acquire one.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 7:01am
ebay. Remington 700 front sight...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 8:06am
Will that fit an Enfield?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 8:31am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

The ramp you see pictured, is sitting on the step up from behind where the original sight sat. It a No4 barrel just a different chambering. 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 8:36am

Maybe if it has a Parker Hale sight base with the hood grooves . If you`re talking military front sight, then no.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 11:49am
no no..its a Parker Hale sport (1916). Some idot - years ago - decided I didn't need it & removed it for me.
I bin wanting to replace it ever since. Tired of getting the front sight knocked around
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 12:53pm
Try flee bay or Numrich(they`ll ship to Canada)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic