Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More canadian gun law BS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More canadian gun law BS
    Posted: May 13 2022 at 9:12am
Effective May 17 Trudeau will be putting the gun registry back in place albeit sneakily and a little convoluted.
You will be required to contact the RCMP if you plan to sell or give away a NR firearm, that included your Pal the receivers pal, second piece of fed. ID, name address phone number serial number of said firearms and this will now be entered into the RCMP data base, so basically being registered.
This of course all in the name of making Canada uber safe from gun violence and crime.
The RCMP is now unfettered to enter a place of business and demand sales registries without warning or warrant. Business owners will now be required to keep records unaltered for a minimum of 20yrs, failure to comply; well you know.
If for what ever reason you`re caught selling outside of the compliance.. well you know the out come of that as well.
And on a brighter note those committing gun crimes who are of visible minority(which is about 90% of the cases) will face lighter sentences to help reduce the spread of systemic racism, this will definitely reduce the chances of criminals getting their hands on illegal, stolen or smuggled firearms.
Way to go Canada, I`m so f%^king glad to see the criminals being treated so fairly!!!!! 

And We as good law abiding Canadians should all bury ours heads in the sand as usual and hope this all goes away. Party
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 10:49am
That blows dead moose in the moonlight.
Isn't there some equivalent to our "right to not have unreasonable search & seizure"? Needing "Probable Cause" to enter & so on.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 11:13am
I read the changes but didn't see anything about private sales other than you need to see a valid PAL to sell it to the buyer. 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

That blows dead moose in the moonlight.
Isn't there some equivalent to our "right to not have unreasonable search & seizure"? Needing "Probable Cause" to enter & so on.

Not in Canada, our leader can make things up as he goes.
he!! he even took our right and dominion over our own well fair to push the useless covid vaccine on front line workers.

And you guys complain about left leaning commies trying to take over, we win.

There`s no real over sight in Canada, `we the people` does not and never has existed in Canada.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

I read the changes but didn't see anything about private sales other than you need to see a valid PAL to sell it to the buyer. 

Can`t read form gov`t controlled news out lets, you`ll only get what they want you to hear.
I got this from the Toronto Sun, they`re still fairly independent.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 7:58pm
I suspect every "law abiding, true Canadian" owner of a non-restricted, current non-registered long gun looking to sell or trade with another "law abiding, true Canadian" will follow this new Liberal gun rule. Trudeau has always done the right thing for "true Canadians" rights and freedoms, hasn't he?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 5:58am
Just to add to Shilo's info...I had to re-new my firearms licence. They let you know right up front that the fees for this will continue to increase every year going forward.
Its already grossly overpriced.

Oh, btw - they want bows/crossbows included again in registration.(Thats coming next)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 6:15am
As a Canadian, I can never understand Canadian politics. Once the Conservatives get back into power, they will scrap all the "new" Liberal gun laws. It's kinda low picking fruit for both sides. Liberal voters hate guns (except the gangs in our big cities) Conservative voters respect firearms. Both sides use This issue to garner votes. This topic has been changed back and forth so many times since I was able to vote (44 years)! I don't get upset anymore with this issue as I just do what I feel is right and just for me. 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

As a Canadian, I can never understand Canadian politics. Once the Conservatives get back into power, they will scrap all the "new" Liberal gun laws. It's kinda low picking fruit for both sides. Liberal voters hate guns (except the gangs in our big cities) Conservative voters respect firearms. Both sides use This issue to garner votes. This topic has been changed back and forth so many times since I was able to vote (44 years)! I don't get upset anymore with this issue as I just do what I feel is right and just for me. 

I know i`m like you but what bothers me here is with this round of changes was done illegally and he got away with it, we obviously let him, good ole Canadians.

Our only hope is if the court challenge wins, but that wont happen and trudeau will make sure of that, he`ll just ignore the out come if he looses, as he`s done with every other issue that should have landed him in jail or at least outed him from power.
As far as the conservative changing things back, that wont happen, they`d never get voted in. The anti gun lobby`s are too strong, and the conservative will not risk popularity for votes.
No election until 2025, and by then no one private citizen in Canada will be allowed to own firearms.
So enjoy them while you can as trudeau takes us down the dark rabbit hole.

He might think he`s doing right by Canada but he certainly does not listen to us. Just remember, when the survey was commissioned about changing the gun Laws, 89% of Canadians said No, period! Trudeau dismissed it and basically said we don`t know or understand what is needed.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 9:58am
..and trudeau will win his next election, because they rely on the immigrant votes within the large cities. The immigrants are largley 3rd world refugees & more obedient to gov't. The Liberals let them into the country - so they vote Liberal. They congregate together in the larger cities like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver..& collectivleyvote as 1 block.
The rest of the country splits their votes..some vote NDP, some vote Greens, some vote PCP or Bloc Quebecois. Those "anti-liberal" votes siphon off enough votes that the Conservatives cannot garner enough votes for a win - let alone a majority..& the Liberals run up the middle again & claim power.
What a crappy, ignorant "civilization" we got!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 11:46am
I feel for you guys I really do.
One (of several) reasons I left the U.K. was the insane & increasing firearms legislation.
Oddly I had to surrender my .22 bolt action rifle, my Minty Lee-Enfield (which I've pretty much re-created) & my silhouette pistol, not because of English regulation on exports (The U.K. thinking then was "Good! export them let someone else deal with the problem".) but with U.S, Residency & IMPORT problems.
It would have taken many months to get both ends sorted out & I only had several Days!

I ended up surrendering the lot. Luckily the local nick was very helpful & their police shooting club emptied the treasury & borrowed some more so I at least got something for them! I could transfer to them pretty much instantly too. Surrendering would have gotten me not one penny.OuchConfused
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 1:36pm
Again, I'm not getting to worried up about it. If you follow the news too much, especially CBC, you'll end up exploding your head! Can't see any province west of Toronto making tracking down unregistered, non-restricted long guns being sold or traded between a couple of good ole boys a top priority. Not sure how they would even do it. That's why I'll never but another rifle from a dealer. 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 3:19pm
...Right H.T, & methinks the strategy is there to force the dealers out of biz.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 5:43pm
Yeah its all Dirty pool.
"The Ends Justify The Means"
It all fer de po' Chilluns, blah blah . . .

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 7:01pm
all of these laws simply penalize the collectors and responsible citizens - none stop the criminals 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2023 at 11:46am
Check out the latest Canadian news in regards to the "new" proposed gun laws that met with very stiff opposition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic