Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G,Day Mate from Down-under.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivedrab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G,Day Mate from Down-under.
    Posted: June 10 2022 at 6:36pm
G,Day,
Lyles my name,I reside in Far North Queensland Australia.I have had interest in Enfield rifles from a young age. My dad fought in WW11 against the Japs, I remember seeing his 303 hanging on the wall of our house. I got my first fullwood 303 rifle when I was 15 yrs. At the age of 17 I was GIVEN a jungle carbine(Shirley).
From then I was hooked,Found a .22 trainer in a gun shop for $300,brought it!
To date I have enfield ranging from 1890 through to 1945,I have bayonets to suit most of them and accessory eg; grenade launcher to fit the No4 Mk1. At the moment I am slowing putting together a (matching numbers) Enfield MkV trials rifle from parts from all over the world.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 3:03am
Welcome from Atlanta, GA.  You came to the right place! Would like to see some pics of your collection.  

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 3:46am
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada!
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 5:50am
Welcome from North Carolina in the States.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 8:38am
Howdy from Phoenix Arizona 🤠
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 10:42am
Welcome from Paris France. 
Please post photos of your collection.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
RogueAussie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogueAussie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 3:57pm
G'day from Canberra Region. Welcome to the fold
Dragunov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 6:30pm
Welcome aboard from (not-so) sunny Melbourne, Florida. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 7:14pm
welcome from our north coast , glad you chose to join us 
FNQ303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNQ303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 12:33am
Gday Olive
 Welcome Mate 
where abouts in FNQ are ya (general location 😁) 
Im north of Mareeba🍻
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 6:03am
rogueaussie , i am moving back home in September to Canberra area , still got to get my firearms licence and then ge tmy collection back from USA.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 7:18am
Are rifle laws pretty strict in Australia? It sounds like they are in the UK and parts of mainland Europe, at least more so than Canada (at least for now!)
Enfield trader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 7:32am
Welcome !
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 1:05pm
Honkytonk some states are a real pain inthe arse , ACT (Canberra) from what i am told is a quicker process 2-3 months in waiting . I was just back there and joined the SSAA in Canberra got to do my safety course again and then apply . Handgun license will take about 1 year apparently . The one thing i think that differs is the availability to semi auto rifles shotguns and handguns , there is multiple categories for listening as well . Not many people with criminal histories and physiological issue will get a license like here.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 1:51pm
In Canada, if you had never taken a Hunters Safety Course (I took mine in '73, so I was "granfathered" for both possession/acquisition of any non-restricted rifle. Since I have owned at least one handgun since '82, I was "grandfathered with both possession/acquisition of restricted weapons. The PAL (possession)/acquisition license is good for 5 years. They give you plenty of notice prior to renewal. I think if you hadn't been granfathered, you have/had to take a three day course (8hours per day?) to qualify for the same status. Courses are offered fairly regularly by different certified instructors. Then you fill out the federal application and I think within 2-3 months of the background checks are good you get your PAL mailed to you. I could be a bit off on the times. Funny story. One of the local instructors is a member of our wildlife organization and is the biggest game poacher around! Apparently nobody has ever failed his course.
RogueAussie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogueAussie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2022 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by smerdon42 smerdon42 wrote:

rogueaussie , i am moving back home in September to Canberra area , still got to get my firearms licence and then ge tmy collection back from USA.

Guess I'll be seeing you out at the range soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic