Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norma 215grn RN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norma 215grn RN
    Posted: July 28 2022 at 9:05pm
Totally forgot that I had these. 4 boxes total. Should drop a Mule Deer fairly quickly...
303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2022 at 10:37pm
 I shot a huge moose with the old Dominion 215 grain bullet out of a jungle carbine, yours should work just as well for deer.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 7:39am
I watched as my dad dropped an elk with one. I was sincerely amazed and surprised at how quickly that beastie hit the ground.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by 303carbine 303carbine wrote:

I shot a huge moose with the old Dominion 215 grain bullet out of a jungle carbine, yours should work just as well for deer.

I shot two moose(together) with 180 grn. pill out of a 1916 MkIII*
Don't need anything bigger
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 10:32am
I also found an old box of Winchester Super-Speed 215grn RN bullets. It still has the original Montgomery Wards $7.99 price tag on it...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 12:46pm
Hoadie... I believe I've read Ontario moose aren't quite as stout as northern prairie moose. Much to "woke" and entitled!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 12:53pm
I almost bought a couple of boxes of 215 gr Woodleigh RN last year but stumbled upon some Hornady 174 gr RN. they group nice at 100 yards and I ended taking a nice doe with that pill! Results were someone underwhelming though. It was a double lung shot (through and through) at about 75 yards and she went about 50 yards before falling. I guess I expected heavy, slow RN bullet "knock down" results.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 5:12am
FMJ head shots every time, no fuss no muss, and no meat damage.
All close range tree stand shots of course with good support.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 5:26am
That would do it for sure! To be honest, I've never ever aimed at the head of a whitetail, no matter how close it was. Always lung/heart... bigger target for my shooting skills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic