Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Wanted Items *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted No4 barrel 7.62 x 51

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted No4 barrel 7.62 x 51
    Posted: November 22 2022 at 8:43am
Seeking a No4 7.62 x 51 barrel
Have an extra Sterling magazine for partial trade
There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 9:14am
If you get desperate, you can cut the chamber end of the barrel back and rechamber for .308 Win.  Would require machining work to move the barrel shoulder forward and recut the extractor groove.  Pick a barrel with a tight bore, preferably a 0.301 diameter two groove, and it will shoot quite good.  7.62 barrels are getting hard to find.  

I'd like to buy that Sterling mag from you. 
Moosm14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 9:28am
Brit,
Thank you for your suggestion. 
I am hoping my Sterling mag unicorn might be an incentive to help source in part a 7.62 barrel unicorn
I will keep your request in mind if it is not needed 
Thank you! 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Moosm14 Moosm14 wrote:

Seeking a No4 7.62 x 51 barrel
Have an extra Sterling magazine for partial trade
I have done this to at least three No4Mk1 rifles to date and that is to substitute a 2A1 Ishapore barrel. A little bit of machine work where the barrel contacts the action body to keep the indexing correct but other than that, no issues. If you are looking for a "RTS" Ready To Shoot 7.62x51mm No4Mk1* Lee-Enfield that would include close to 1000 rounds of ammunition and you live near to or in Arizona, PM me...
Moosm14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2022 at 6:45am
Goosic,

Awesome rifle and tempting offer sir!
Although some distance from AZ that would definitely be worth considering a road trip …
I do see that Ishapore 2a1 barrels are available and have considered that route as a default.

Are there any smiths that might be experienced with utilizing a 2a1 barrel?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic