Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resurrection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

Ha ha that`s funny, funny how d`s can turn into eses when you least expect it. (edited)

And yes upside down, didn`t realize that until I got back to the shooting position. So I just shot the rifles upside down maybe that explains the crappy groups.

OMG, I needed a good Laugh!!! LOLWink
pass the ammo, please, the enemy approaches!!!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by rb67mustang rb67mustang wrote:

Ha ha that`s funny, funny how d`s can turn into eses when you least expect it. (edited)

And yes upside down, didn`t realize that until I got back to the shooting position. So I just shot the rifles upside down maybe that explains the crappy groups.

OMG, I needed a good Laugh!!! LOLWink

Sometimes you just need a snappy reply....

Yes, the No4 butt stock is the way to go if you want to be shooting one of these.
I first had a limb saver slip on recoil pad, helped tremendously, then I figured I`d put the inertial recoil system on it; it`s even better now.
My load for this rifle is, 34.7gr of IMR3031 under a Hornady 174grn FMJ BT open base bullet, Winchester primers and PPU brass. No felt recoil at all, simply wonderful!  Thumbs Up HeartHeartHeart

Now in the process of mounting the scope, I`ll post a picture when done. off to the gun smith to see if he will do some hard soldering for me tomorrow.
Cheers
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 9:38am
Mounting one of these on A Jungle Carbine is not for the faint of heart.
Introducing The No5 Bush Carbine Sniper.

Another fun project done, just so it will eventually be prohibited then confiscated, beginning to wonder why I even bother>>>>>Angry

Going to go to the range tomorrow and sight it in on a Justin Trudeau picture target :sniper: LOLClapThumbs UpWink       Funny that in the past our club frowned on such folly, now no one gives a toot.

rb67mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 10:30am
Shiloh, where I live in DEEP BLUE, RI, there's one state run target range that free to the public. It a very nice place which was renovated a couple of years ago. The draw backs areas follows: 
1. No matter what the standard capacity of a firearms magazine is, they have always limited magazines to be loaded with no more than ten rounds. 
2. They don't allow targets as you mentioned you're going to use to sight in the scope on your N05, and even targets with a black silhouette of a human form are not allowed.
3. The range opens in April and it closes for the season in October. Why such a limited time you might ask? The office and rest room are not heated.
https://dem.ri.gov/natural-resources-bureau/fish-wildlife/outreach-education/hunter-education/great-swamp-shooting-range

Justin TrudOh! is one step above Dementia Sleepy Joe Biden. TurdOh is nothing but a "Turd" who's destroying Canada. I hope he's voted out of office ASAP, and the citizens regain their freedoms and their rights will not be infringed.Wink
pass the ammo, please, the enemy approaches!!!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 11:07am
Shiloh, did you install the mounts?
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Shiloh, did you install the mounts?

I did.
The rear pad area has no meat to drill and tap, that was the challenge. I made a piece to basically bring that area back to No4 Mk1 specs. Cut and fit,even the scalloped spot, no easy feat. Once fitted It was drilled and pinned in to hold it in place while I silver soldered it in. Being extremely cautious not to over heat it.
Its bore sighted as reference by Peter L, needed to be shimmed at the rear with 2 beer can shims to bring on target.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 12:11pm
Well done! Way, way above my pay grade!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 12:51pm

Well done! Way, way above my pay grade!

Thanx, Its not hard to do this kind of work, you just need to think it through and proceed slowly.
 I generally make a stat sheet, what to do, how to go about it doing it step by step, mat`ls needed and tools check list. Then when I`m sure of the skill set required and I have everything gathered up, I`ll start.
And then I follow the procedure as I outlined it, checking ea box as the steps are completed. I rarely ever go willy nilly into a project, but it does happen from time to time.....Embarrassed
This project`s been on my to do list for almost 3 yrs now, it maybe too little too late.....
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2022 at 5:10pm
Oh gawd Rhode Island!
I had a customer in Rhode Island, we always got crap shipping stuff to her from NYC They wanted to know "what State Rhode Island was in".
The funny thing is she lived on an island in Rhode island!
Talk about confusion!

Her neighbor was her phone, the phone company gave them so much grief about running a phone line to an Island they simply shared a line (& a phone with its billing) to the house maybe 50 yds away which was on "mainland Rhode Island" they'd tell the caller to hold, or call back, & row from their pier to her pier maybe 20yds? & yell. Then they'd row her back to answer the phone!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2022 at 2:35am
Nice Range almost identical to our club in layout and operation. Though ours is a private club with member ship dues.
We have 2 archery ranges, 1 static and one 1 mile walk through, 50yrd pistol range, 50yrd rim fire range, 100yrd rifle only range, 13 station sporting clay's range, and 2 clay's ranges, one being Olympic class, that hosts regional events.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 10:43am
Ok time for the range report. Went out this morning, snow on the ground, stiff breeze right to left, and 30deg F. Targets right way up this time... LOL
 Static zero`d at 25yrds, peering down the bore and correcting the reticle, a few clicks up and to the right. Did the same a 100 yrds then fired 5 rounds(150grn Speer psp flat base)

First pic is how I shot this, second shows patched first group, corrections then next group.

Third shows patched second group, corrections then my last group, the shot in the 8 ring low I pulled, fingers were aching cold at that point so I packed it in.

The patch at 2:00, 9 ring is not from this outing.

Shows better potential than with irons that`s for sure. Smile
The scope is an old `70`s Weaver, K3-1 German #1(post cross hair)

The way it`s set up now, I could shoot it all day long, only a slight nudge to the shoulder, very uneventful.

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 10:55am
Excluding that one low shot in the 9 ring, that is quite good!  5 shot groups?  Looks like you have something here that should hold the 10 ring on the SR target.  Give it a go in the Virtual Match Forum. You might have to wait until spring for warmer weather.

What scope is that?  Looks familiar…
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 11:26am
How do you shoot those little pieces of tape downrange? 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 11:30am
Weaver K3-1  German #1 reticle
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 11:46am

How do you shoot those little pieces of tape downrange? 

Laugh2
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2022 at 4:49pm

Weaver K3-1  German #1 reticle

Love old Weaver scopes. They have that nice classic look to them. They work good as well.
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic