Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C No7 .22 MK1 Extractor (moved)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2023 at 10:10pm
glad you have joined us here , the Cno7 is a 22cal rifle and the mo4 is a 303 cartridge rifle , it would help to have clarification of which we are addressing , some bits are interchangeable 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 3:35am
Hi Vassy 51.
I see that you are in Oxford, so am I. What indoor range do you use, I use the Witney projectile range.
I also shoot at Bisley and Stoke Orchard Full bore.
Geoff (Stanforth).
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

glad you have joined us here , the Cno7 is a 22cal rifle and the mo4 is a 303 cartridge rifle , it would help to have clarification of which we are addressing , some bits are interchangeable 

I think he has one of each.
He mentions using the .22 bolt to check a 303 by accident, because bolts must be stored separately from rifles in the U.K.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 8:26pm
ah , i missed that i guess , sometimes we get confused by what s said - i know im confused often anymore , sorry to confuse further
Enfield trader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 9:52pm
Why is this in the For Sale forum ?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 10:53pm
excellent question , but i think it went on a tangent - all good intentions im sure but ill apologize for my part 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2023 at 2:54pm
There's no dedicated .22 sub forum.
Maye we need one?
I'll move it to "Enfield Rifles".
OK, hold on something glitched.
[UPDATE]
all fixed now.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2023 at 3:06pm
I suggested a 22 sub forum back in 2021 but it never got off the ground.

WWI & WWII Trainers in the suggestions forum.

Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 8:25am
im not sure there are all that many of us with the trainers to support it but i could be wrong - been there before , i will offer my vote to add one since thats all i have left of my former collection , been hoping to add one more down the road if i can find the right one - thinking no8 , but ........one of the long lees would be perfect too , 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 8:27am
I think it’s a great idea, similar to our 7.62 Forum.  I think we have a number of members who have .22 trainers, including myself. 

Strangely Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangely Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Vassy51 Vassy51 wrote:

Here we have to keep bolts in separate safes.

And here is the problem, I've lost count of the moans & groans first thing at Bisley when club members realise they have bought the wrong bolt along for the rifle they are going to shoot. 

Vassy, you have my sincere sympathy for living in a county with a firearms department that issues such unnecessary creeds when it comes to firearms storage...move to Wiltshire before it's too late! Smile
Mick
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Strangely Brown Strangely Brown wrote:

Originally posted by Vassy51 Vassy51 wrote:

Here we have to keep bolts in separate safes.

And here is the problem, I've lost count of the moans & groans first thing at Bisley when club members realise they have bought the wrong bolt along for the rifle they are going to shoot. 

Vassy, you have my sincere sympathy for living in a county with a firearms department that issues such unnecessary creeds when it comes to firearms storage...move to Wiltshire before it's too late! Smile

I've never had the requirement to store the bolt seperately in, Nottinghamshire, North Wales or Lincolnshire.

The problem is that the Police try and interpret the law rather than enforce the law - Had a wonderful argument with my Local Fireams Manager that resulted in him being "removed for office".

He insisted that because I had removed & refitted the furniture I had to resubmit the rifle for proofing, eventually I had to get a letter from the Proof House explaining that they wanted furniture removing before the rifle was sent to them to avoid damage in the clamps.

When I explained to the Chief Constable that the Firearms managers' 'rules' meant that I would be forever sending the rifle for proof, he agreed. The position is now shared between two youg ladies who job-share.

This is what the Fireams Manager rules required ....................

Remove furniture, send to proof house.
Get the rifle back, refit furniture, it now requires re-proofing.
Remove furniture, send to proof house ......................

Ad infinitum.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 11:26am
Incredible…
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 2:37pm
im so blessed to be here fighting with a constitutional right behind me i  instead of pi$$ing up a rope , in spite of our commie threats to the constitution here id be arguing with bureaucrats , that sounds like nothing but wasted time 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2023 at 3:00pm
Bristol, back when it was Avon & Somerset required "an essential part of the mechanism" be removed & "stored in a separate, locked container."(from the firearms locked storage container)
Bolt wasn't specifically mentioned but it was the most common item removed & stored separately.
There was a "strong suggestion" that the container should not be capable of being easily removed from its storage place.
Ammo also had to be in a "Secure Container", again no "safe" mentioned.
I had this giant, ancient oak wardrobe. It literally had to be dismantled to get it out of the room, round the "U" turn at the top of the stairs to get it out of the house.
One end was a 2-position rifle rack lockable & bolted within the locked wardrobe, it had a chain that padlocked both rifles to it.
There were 3 large ammo cans in there, each bolted through the monstrous 1" thick "floor" with carriage bolts (coach bolts), with washers & fender washers on the inside & outside, the he nuts were steel filled epoxied to the bolt threads through the bottoms. The hex nut inside the domed head outside under the plank floor. Each had a padlock hasp & combination lock securing the lid.
I loved it when we got a "New Guy" do the random semi-annual inspection.
 They always tried to pick the cans up & "tut tut" me for "insecure storage". They thought they were lifting an ammo can, not a giant fortified Victorian monster wardrobe.Shocked
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2023 at 2:28pm
Many years ago my Father had a 'very keen' new firearms inspector doing his examination of Fathers storage, and 'reported him' for not having an officially accepted gunsafe,( It was the old manor house from the 1600s with huge built in Oak cupboards and he actually had a chain and padlock across and thru the doors).

The law states that the storage must be secure, it does not say that an approved steel gunsafe must be used.

Father was in 'extended communication' and arguing the law with the regional Chief Constable when he had a very fortunate 'accident happen'.

Alongside the family farm were two roads that came down to a sharp bend & a junction, we often 'found' stuff that had fallen off trucks going around the corner with a bit too much speed.
Anyway, one day father found a steel box / case that had rolled into the field, - on opening it it contained pistols and ammunition.

The Police 'range' was about 5 miles up the road from us and it seems as if when they were packing up they had put the box on the roof of the car, forgotten it was there and until it got to 'our corner' it just sat on the roof.

Father took great delight in asking the Chief Of Police if he would care to come out and visit him to discuss firearm security, 

"O' and whilst you are here you can collect those pistols your officers lost last week"

Amazingly, Fathers licence was renewed and there was no more discussion about firearm storage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic