Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a freind and i were talking tonight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a freind and i were talking tonight
    Posted: March 21 2023 at 8:42pm
we were discussing the experiences we got to share in the past , there are many but not all of them would interest yall , 

this one might - we were both part of the first second and third Armageddon Zomgie shoots sponsored by DPMS rifles here in st cloud mn , 

he was instrumental in the origination , planning and development of this event , he worked for the owner of DPMS and worked with a couple others that were instrumental un putting this together 

i was instrumental putting them on , im taking more credit than i deserve because i worked for the manager of the gun club part time  - we two put the stages together and making sure targets were posted - banners were posted - all the proper advertising and such for the sponsors , those that were involved know who they were , ill not advertise but will say we had big name sponsors , but no help ,  
stuff was ready and in order , then we took over the check in and then we went into safety ....stopping people on a cold range carrying loaded and hot , some of them multiple times in the day , then there were the -
guy with the axe and mace ,
the girls in the leather bikinis -
the two cops trying to melt down their barrels -
the remeint=gton reps with the shotguns that wouldn't run - 
the two ladies in tin foil hats - they swore we were ruining the environment -

all too many great times when nobody died , the first was the best , the second was more civil , the third was so organized it didnt even seem recognizable , after that it left here - went to almans in southern minnesota , its still going on i think , 

we enjoyed reminiscing that we were there ............and are still here 

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2023 at 7:48am
Sounded like it was a bunch of fun.
Funny how when a zombie event is announced, it seems to bring out the best society has to offerWink
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2023 at 10:13am
There was a huge one round by here, in PA as I recall, run as an annual club fund raiser. It was very popular.
I haven't heard anything about it recently though so I assume it died of Covid-19.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2023 at 12:03pm
 Yes sadly Bullshyt-19 seemed to have killed off many things.
The club I belong to is still suffering from it and only compounded by Trudopes idiotic actions against us.
We strongly advocate shooting activities, ecological support in habitat rehabilitation, and fish hatcheries that support local ecosystems and the Great Lakes. though we are small compared to the whole picture, if we start disappearing god knows what the long term impact would be.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2023 at 6:46pm
Its part of "The Doctrine" that we're "Knuckle-Dragging Neanderthals" who do nothing but mess up nature & randomly murder everything we see.
No-one wants to hear about conservation, funding Wildlife habitat & studies & so on. Just the mention Of Pitman-Robinson give them the vapors!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2023 at 9:54pm
the zombie shoot got most of our conversation , but we also used to be involved in one of the biggest three gun shoots in the country too - TriGun Challenge brought in most of the very best shooters in the country , how i met jerry miculekk , bruce piot , jim clark jr, , deb cheek and a bunch of others , 

DPMS and the range has offered a lot as well as those ive become friends with over the years = i never would have met and been friends with tom knapp either if i hadnt bbeen involved there , 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic