Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your last six firearms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your last six firearms
    Posted: May 26 2023 at 8:37am
One of the YouTube channels I watch is Lionquest Fitness. "Greg", the channel owner, offered his "what if" list of the last six guns he'd ever part with. Got me to thinking, that I'd never want to be w/o a 9mm sidearm, a good 12 bore SxS, an AR and a rimfire rifle. Would my No4 (or even No5) be amongst the remaining two choices? Last night, after much thought and a cold Sam Adams, my last two would be my favorite No4 and a second 9mm handgun. 

You???
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 3:14pm
I think it would depend on the circumstances that forced me to reduce to 5.  My C96 Mauser is really cool, and fairly valuable, but not very practical.  AR is at the opposite end of that spectrum.  But, you’re right about one of them being a reliable 9mm and an AR.  The other 3 would be very tough choices, I think a No. 4 and M1 would have to be in there too.  Perhaps my P365 with the holographic sight would be the 5th (can’t see pistol irons anymore).  
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 4:36pm
Function and reliability are the two main reasons I will never part with my French Resistance No4Mk1 and my 1911A1. A single shot 12 gauge, single shot 22 rifle and a Ruger MkII will also never leave my side...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 5:38pm
#4, #5, Cooey .22 tube magazine, Mossberg 590A1 and 30:06, Tokarev TT33.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 5:54pm
well , one is none and two is one so im gonna keep at lease twelve just for starters , t least two each in 45acp , two in 9mm , two in 556 , two in 762 , two in 22 and two in 12ga , 

but im not ready to let go of the 38s or the 45colts 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 6:07pm
My 1911A1, my No 1 MKIII, my government model 97 and my Fayetteville musket.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2023 at 2:59am
Would not give up my N04, No5, 3030 m94, and my 9mm Beretta pistol and carbine, and then there`s all my rimfires, too hard to choose......
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Sapper740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2023 at 3:56am
If it was a SHTF situation and I had to make a decision as to what 6 firearms from my current collection I would keep to fend off roving bands of looters and reivers they would be:

1)  Boys ATR in .50 BMG for ultra long range sniping and anti-materiel use.  Stopping vehicles.
2)  Anderson Arms AM10 for mid range sniping and hunting.
3)  AR 15 for closer in defense
4)  Remington 870 for point blank defense and bird hunting.
5)  TNW Aero survival rifle/PCC in 9mm Luger
6)  Ruger 10/22. 

Dragunov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2023 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Canuck Canuck wrote:

#4, #5, Cooey .22 tube magazine, Mossberg 590A1 and 30:06, Tokarev TT33.

Canuck, I too have  TT33. Gotta admit, those things are so incredibly reliable! Bought at a gun show 30 something years ago for $150, after what must be a couple of thousand rounds, never a hiccup! It devours Russian, Chinese, Polish and even the maybe too hot Bulgarian stuff with equal relish. A true Mad Max pistol!
gilgsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilgsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2023 at 12:17pm
Interesting thread, I'll play...
I got an AR in .300 Blackout. I probably should have bought it in 5.56, though there is definitely something to say about subsonics with a suppressor... Problem is ammo availability. In any case, the platform would be my first choice.

Second would be a Glock. I plan on getting another one, haven't owned a 9mm for 30yrs.

To that I'll add my S&W 586, paired with a 357 lever action, which I don't have yet. The 357 in a rifle is a whole new animal, especially in a strong 1892 action. I'd favor the 586 and use the 9mm as a backup.

I do own a Chiappa Little Badger in .22, because everyone should have a .22, rabits & all... It's very accurate at 50m, even 100m. I shoot subsonics with a suppressor, very quiet.

I used to own a No5, want to get another one. Since this is an Enfield forum, I'll expand a bit on that one: Main problem again, is ammo availability, so I would have to store enough ammo, cases, primers, powder, and a mold. Reloading would be a last resort. Maybe a flintlock would be better! What I like about the Lee Enfield is mainly the action, light weight, and power of the cartridge. I'd probably tuck it away for last, after the AR broke or ran out of ammo, and other guns failed as well. I like the simplicity and reliability. I can also load 303 light with my .32-20 115gr bullets. If it wasn't for the caliber, which I do appreciate a great deal, it would be a great SHTF gun, and maybe it is.
Ok, one left...

#6: I own a CZ bolt action in .17hmr. Interesting caliber, very light to carry if needed. The range is good, the rifle is stainless steel, not too heavy. It's devastating within 100m, pokes small holes after that, but surely enough to dissuade anyone from following you, hypothetically, since we seem to drift towards TEOTWAWKI. I can hit a golf ball at 100m every single time with it, if I skip my morning coffee.

Also in my safe, a Remington 783 glass bedded on a Boyds stock, .308. It's heavy though... The action works, but it's no Enfield. The 308 is a plus regarding availability and power. I wouldn't want to carry it all day, but it reaches far. It sports a Continental 3-18 scope. Sadly I would leave it behind if I had to carry it on foot for more than a few days.

Gil.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2023 at 6:10pm
i seldom join into these threads as it will all depend on why , but its been fun reading it and in the reading it crossed my mind to add that it would depend on what i had an abundance of ammo for as well as what might be available , 

so ....my list stays the same 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic