Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My other firearms.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My other firearms.
    Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:22am
Hello

Since I have not posted any new photos in a while, I deceided to post some photos of my very small firearms collection. It is not much, but thought I'd post photos anyway...LOL.

First off, is a run-of-the-mill Smith & Wesson M&P Model-10 .38 S&W Special Revolver. It is a Model-10-5 to be exact, my gut instinct is that it is from the mid-1960's. Not a big deal, common revolver, but I like it.
Mark

The .303" Cartridge, Helping Englishmen express their emotions since 1888.
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:30am
Next is the shotgun my Dad gave me when I was in my teens. It is a Marlin 12 Gauge, 30"barrel, full choke, I think it is called the Model-1898. It looks similar to a Winchester Model-1897 Shotgun. The last time this was fired was circa 1988 when I was 17, needless to say I do not plan to fire this again, as I have heard that Marlin issued a warning in 1998 (a century later...LOL) not to fire them with modern ammunition. So it will be wall hanger...LOL. My Dad bought this "sometime before the War" (going by the US entry into the War in Dec. 1941), he bought it off a farmer for around $12 circa 1940.
Mark

P.S., notice the copy of "A Bridge Too Far" soundtrack on stereo cartridge tape in the right corner of the photo?...LOL.
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:37am
And last, is my Stevens (Savage) Model 15-A .22 Cal. rifle. This is the first actual firearm I ever owned. My Dad bought this for me in 1986 for $30 (U.S.). My Mother had died a couple months prior, and I asked Dad for a .22, he was reluctant, but let me have one anyway, I was 15 at the time. That is it for my "collection", not much, but I like them.
Mark

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 9:01am
TomcatPC, is that Savage single shot??? thats a nice collection keep at it and it will grow.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 11:27am
Yes,... well Stevens-Savage, single shot .22 Short, Long, and Long Rifle Calibre Cartridge.

Anyone have any clue as to when the Stevens-Savage Model 15-A Single Shot .22 cal. rifle was in production. I'm guessing mine is circa 1950's.

My Dad paid $30 for mine in 1986, a couple years back I saw the exact same rifle at a gunshow for $100. Not that I'm planning on selling mine ever, but is $100 a bit "outer limits" for a single-shot .22? Or have the prices of firearms really jumped that much in less than two decades?
Mark
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 1:05pm
Here in Australia a gun shop is giving away old lithgow single shot, and repeating 22's, as well as old single barrel shotguns, they cant sell the things, mainly because of licensing, so people just cant walk in off the streets and buy a cheapie.

Shooters here are more enthusiasts, and because of that they get flasher rifles. A mate of mine just put a deposit down on a CZ (brno) 452  in 22LR. 
That looks like a top little 22 your old man got you there Mark

But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic