Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get for X-Mass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you get for X-Mass
    Posted: December 24 2007 at 9:52am
My Wife Got me a Martini Enfield in .450 cal for X-Mass , I'm so lucky to have a Woman like that...
She gave me a bottle of Martini & Rossi extra dry vermouth and said thats what I asked for. She got me good then brought out the Rifle. SWEET!!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:00pm

That is great Rhino Lets see some Pics!!!

CM
Tymber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tymber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 6:57pm
 My millionaire boss decided he ain't rich enough and made us work ( 12hr shiftworker) through the holidays , so that somewhat threw a " wet blanket" over any festivities....new years too .
On a much better note , we did spend Christmas eve with the kids and grandsons and thats a gift in itself.
Also , my wife "somehow" managed to find a Canadian  P'07 bayo , a Canadian  FN C1 bayo and a Brit P'03 bayo. I wonder how she figured that out ?...dang! she's good ! lol
Big%20smile
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 5:43am
Seems to be some correlation between Enfields and good wives.  My wife is not real happy about "guns" but she gave me a box that contained a filled out application for the local gun club with a check for a years membership.

Ed
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Ed Hill Ed Hill wrote:

Seems to be some correlation between Enfields and good wives.  My wife is not real happy about "guns" but she gave me a box that contained a filled out application for the local gun club with a check for a years membership.

Ed

Ed that is great, My wife suppports my hunting and shooting club memberships as well.

CM
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 10:28am
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 10:29am

While not Enfield related it was neat. My sister made me a framed display of family memorabilia taped to it was a Stick pin that had belonged to my Grandfather.  It is two teeth, set in gold, of the first Red Stag he shot in Germany about a century ago!

I got myself something but I totally crossed  over to the Dark Side, I got a Ar-15 Lower, now for the Heavy Barrel Match upper.

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 11:28am
Go fer it Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stan came home for leave before he has to/ Might have to head off to Afghanastan mountain area. He brought me some Mags with the grean follower and a saw bag.
Good kid hope him and my Daughter go further than just Friends........

Now I have to get me an AR....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
waffenlandser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waffenlandser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 2:59am
I asked for an Enfield Longbranch. Under the Xmas tree there was a branch from our Oak tree with a big label printed. ENFIELD.

Next day is saw a long box with the sweetest looking 1943 Longbranch she got aat a local gunshop.
You may take my Enfield. From this cold and lifeless hand.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 8:58am
lucky man , we need photos , but dont let her get away - lots of us are less fortunate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic