Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COMBAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMBAT
    Posted: January 11 2008 at 9:01pm
ANYBODY ON HERE ACTUALLY USED AN ENFIELD IN COMBAT? EITHER AS A STANDARD RIFLE OR AS THE ENFORCER???
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 10:00pm
For those of you who require the technical spec its nomencleture was the L42A1 chambered for 762nato. It came out in the 60s and saw service until the 80s when the accuracy international took over. The under 40s on here won't remember it and have probably never even heard of it!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 1:08am
I am under 40 (just!!) and do know about the Enforcer. I never used one, and have actually never seen one in real life. I have seen one listed on gunbroker.com  over and over...guy is asking a lot of bills for it, if I had the scratch, I would go for it....even just for the break in ammo prices..
Get some
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 7:53pm
Is it an enforcer or an envoy? The enforcer had the adjustable cheek piece on the stock the Envoy which was sold as a target rifle didn't have it. They weren't state of the art but accurate enough in the right hands. I enjoyed using mine.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 5:31am
Briefly I used a #4Mk1T(*).
Funny as the air force really wasn't into rifle shooting apart from training targets Etc. (it being a  bit impractical in the jet age)

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 5:41am
Nice weapon. They were phased out and the l24A1 came in.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 6:18am
Well, I've carried a No4Mk2 (loaded and ready to fire) while dealing with the poachers (armed and intoxicated criminal trespassers) on my property. Fortunately it never came to an actual shootout. That's as close as I've ever come.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 6:33am
I'm referring to being under fire and returning fire. Dave has and so have I!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:51am
The Smallest rock will always look like a promisising spot to hide!
What Do yall find worse? Being shot at By Your Own Personel or the Enemy????
 Me, I fear'd My own troops over the Enemy.... If it Moved they Shot it!!!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

I'm referring to being under fire and returning fire. Dave has and so have I!

Tony does SAM's count?

Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 5:01pm
I suppose so! But lets be fair it's like a Playstation for you Jet Jockeys sitting in an armchair chucking loads of ordenance around then going home to ham and eggs!   Evil%20Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:44pm
Tony,
    Unless you have to punch out with the Martin-Baker that would ruin a good breakfast of ham and eggs.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 1:13am
True but at least you have the legs looking for you and know they'll get you home either medivac or a yomp out.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 7:51am
"Nice weapon. They were phased out and the l24A1 came in. "
We hung on to ours for grim death when they were "upgraded" to the SLR.
(SLR's were prone to that nasty jam where a fired case reversed & then climbed back into the rifle, jamming the next round from the magazine & locking the jammed magazine in place.)

Being an air force unit rifle replacment was a low priority for anyone not asking for it so we hung on to out Enfields for a while after they were "replaced"

Our "reason" was match fullbore shooting.Ermm

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 3:46pm
Our Snipers were issued with the l24A1 when I did my first Tour & we had a shot here & there to keep our hands in ! I never used one on Humanoid targets !

Dave
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 5:07pm
I'd have to pass it over to the guide dog now Dave my eyes aren't what they used to be.   CryBig%20smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic