Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 M&G Question and suggestion posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 M&G Question and suggestion posts
    Posted: March 29 2008 at 12:01am

Post all you questions and ideas here regarding the Meet and Greet scheduled sometime in 2009. Please limit posting here to subject topic only.

As more information becomes available Tony will keep everyone apprised of updates.

To make this a success we must all work together as a team.

Thank you for your cooperation,

The “Cookie Monster”
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:02am
Thanks CM.

Ok lads the lowdown on uk gun rules.
 Rifles are either single shot or bolt action with 10 round magazine. 303 or 308/762 maximum bore. So forget the 338s and 50 cals we aren't covered by insurance on MOD ranges for them. Bisley is an MOD range leased by the NRA!!!!
 Hand guns and semi auto full bore rifles are definately out.
 Semi auto 22 rimfire are ok and shotguns with a maximum capacity of 3 (ie 1 in the breech and 2 in the magazine) are permitted.
 Weapon storage will have to be either at an approved RFD ( registered firearms dealer ) or we may be able to arrange storage at the club. There is a 72 hour rule in the Uk which says any weapon stored  say at my home for 72 hours or more has to be registered on my permit. This enables the police to keep track of weapons.

I have just been chatting with 1 of the ROs from my club and there's no problem shooting with the club as long as we organise temporary permits for the range.
 Anybody wanting to contact me re the M&G can mail me on here and I'll pass on both my phone number and email addy.  
 Dates for the M&G will depend on LERA arrangements assuming everybody agrees to become an associate member.  As I pointed out in a previous posting they have experience in sorting out permits shoot regularly at Bisley and have similar interests to all of us on this site. So we could make new friends and learn from each other. As soon as they have dates arranged for shoots at bisley they can be contacted to arrange the M&G around their time table.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:16am
Thank You Tony for the Update
ducaninfrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducaninfrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 8:08am
Very interesting. My initial reaction is that I would like to come over. I will keep a weather eye on this and see how it goes. 
Duncan.

A DAY WITHOUT WINE IS A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE

I don't drink water, fish fornicate in it!

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

W.C. Fields.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 10:07am
I KNEW it!! Soon as the 1st M&G went off(& U guys seen wot ya missed)U'd be comin outta the woodwork fer the next one!! Damn good!
Bin talkin to Tony already today.Theres a B & B nearby his place.Maybe we can fill 'er up fer a good rate.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 10:37am
Big%20smile
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 7:41am
Tony I just assume we shoot the range close to your place that would save both time and Money, I do not have to shoot Bisley. I think that would simplify the trip.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 10:26am
Yep! I agree! If I only VISIT Bisley,I'd be just as happy.I'd get a charge outta visiting Hoad Hill,too.I'd get a rise outta Tony's local pubs.I'm easily excited!! I expect Lizzy will be informed of my impending arrival Here we go again...Tea with the Royal Family...I dont really like tea but for HRH I'll put up with it
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 11:54am
I do think it would be a plus dealing with the UK customs by joining L.E.R.A. But if we are not shooting at Bisley that could be $40USD's applied to several pints of Stout
ducaninfrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducaninfrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 4:46pm
I do think it would be a plus dealing with the UK customs by joining L.E.R.A. But if we are not shooting at Bisley that could be $40USD's applied to several pints of Stout

I must say that I for one would like to shoot Bisley. I ALMOST made it with my TA Battalion Shooting Team back in the 90's but ultimately couldn't spare enough time off work to do the training weekends prior to the competition.
I also think that the opportunity to meet members of LERA would be good.

By the way Tony, where in UK do you live? I might not have a pass for your part of the world being a Yorkshireman Embarrassed
Duncan.

A DAY WITHOUT WINE IS A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE

I don't drink water, fish fornicate in it!

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

W.C. Fields.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:26am
Unfortunately Duncan I'm an expat yorkie living in Lancash*te ( spit ) Censored . Near Preston. The point of joining LERA is they have clout and would be able to smooth things over for you guys bringing weapons into the country. Plus side is you all expressed a desire to shoot at Bisley therefore I'm trying to give you the chance of a lifetime!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:35pm
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2758/hotel-reservations/142448_norwood-blackpool.aspx?d=20080415&n=1

Ok guys I posted a link to give you some idea of prices for B&B over here. Nothing local to me the nearest is in Blackpool. Depending on how many turn up it may be cheaper to pair up and share a room. Hoadie you'll be ok I'm making special arrangements for you!!!! Evil%20Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:31pm
I have just spoken to the local firearms officer and temporary permits will cost £12 per person  you will need documentation/ copies of your permits and I'll get paperwork sorted this end Andrea at firearms is an expert on temporary permits.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:52pm
Thank you Tony,
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:23pm
Does anybody want to do clay shooting whilst over here? The local range isn't far away costs are £9 for 50 clays plus £3/ box of ammo. If you want to clay bust bring a shotgun (capacity no more than 3 rounds though).
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:24pm
How much extra does it cost-in permits-to bring a "GUN"?
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic