Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

santa fe carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:37pm
All Enfields are good, wierd or otherwise. Kinda like women, they're all good, some's just better'n others.

Belay the bashing.
Pro Deo et Patria
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:19pm
I really tried to not get into this post but...
I have Santa Fe's, Gibbs/Navy Arms, mostly original (not all matching numbers) #4's, a couple of bubba'd #1's and #4's. I even have a serverly hacked #4 that causes me to almost puke when I look at it (man do I love that old piece of shi, ummm history yeah historyBig%20smile).
Still needing more!
The ones that I currently own are mine and am proud of them even that piece of history one.
There are folks here that like/love the sporterized/bubbas/hack jobs. Great, and am glad to know you!
There are folks here that like/love the Lee Enfields the way they left the factory. Great and am glad to know you too!
Then theres folks like me that love them all (we certainly must be a higher class of Lee EnfieldaholicsLOL) Great and am glad to be one.
Ummm, what was the question again?
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
charly45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charly45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 2:46am
Thanx for replying bud i was feelin a little alone here..
I have nothing against britts lol.
I have nothing against anyone.
I love enfields relax
Im here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum,   and im alll out of bubble gum!!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 7:32am
i stayed away , for fear of contributing to a trolls gratification , but it appears thats not the case - please dont prove me wrong ........eh ,

i do feel that since so many enfeilds were cut and reconfigured to fit the needs after the war that there is room for those in the accumulations of those that appreciate them , there is little we can do today to undo them , and if trueth be noted make our originals more valuable for the lack of them in original form ,

having said that - i own none and expect to purchase none , yet i appluad those who do and admire anyone who preserves any firearm in this days political climate , we may need them one day soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 7:38am
Originally posted by charly45 charly45 wrote:

Thanx for replying bud i was feelin a little alone here..
I have nothing against britts lol.
I have nothing against anyone.
I love enfields relax

Just so you know, there is an After Market Enfield section at this site. 
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 7:39am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i stayed away , for fear of contributing to a trolls gratification , but it appears thats not the case - please dont prove me wrong ........eh ,

i do feel that since so many enfeilds were cut and reconfigured to fit the needs after the war that there is room for those in the accumulations of those that appreciate them , there is little we can do today to undo them , and if trueth be noted make our originals more valuable for the lack of them in original form ,

having said that - i own none and expect to purchase none , yet i appluad those who do and admire anyone who preserves any firearm in this days political climate , we may need them one day soon

Well said A square 10.
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 6:51pm
Yeah mate I love my Lee-enfields as they came from the factory and were issued to the diggers that carried them.

But on the other hand the lee-enfield action is so slick and the 303 will pole-axe most critters in australia.

Personally I can not bring myself to "hack up" a perfectly good (unmodified) lee-enfield, but I want to get one to use off a bike on pigs, so I am planning on getting a sportered (receiver drilled and tapped for scope, barrel shortened, wood cut down) and further modify it for my own needs. Thumbs%20Up

There is a lee-enfield for every occasion!
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:13am
to every purpose under heaven , turn , turn , turn , :>}

im with ya hatchetman , and thank you oldbike wrench - i do mean every word
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:33am
And then there are people like me...I only have two Lee-Enfield Rifles at this time (hopefully that will change as time goes by). One is a 1940 BSA No.1 Mk.III and the other is a 1942 Savage No.4 Mk.I*, both I found in a "sporterized" condition. Right now they are both as close to their original state as possible. I tracked down replacement wood and other parts and replaced those parts.   Are they "original"?..no, are they better now than when they were chopped up?...I'd like to say so. I enjoyed putting them back together.

I will buy a chopped up rifle (if the metal is un-hacked) and piece it back together in a heartbeat. I like my two rifles that I "Salvaged", and I think that most "sporterized" Lee-Enfield Rifles are worthy of salvage. I keep the chopped wood and if for whatever reason, I can return them to "sporterized".
Mark
The .303" Cartridge, Helping Englishmen express their emotions since 1888.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by TomcatPC TomcatPC wrote:

And then there are people like me...I only have two Lee-Enfield Rifles at this time (hopefully that will change as time goes by). One is a 1940 BSA No.1 Mk.III and the other is a 1942 Savage No.4 Mk.I*, both I found in a "sporterized" condition. Right now they are both as close to their original state as possible. I tracked down replacement wood and other parts and replaced those parts.   Are they "original"?..no, are they better now than when they were chopped up?...I'd like to say so. I enjoyed putting them back together.

I will buy a chopped up rifle (if the metal is un-hacked) and piece it back together in a heartbeat. I like my two rifles that I "Salvaged", and I think that most "sporterized" Lee-Enfield Rifles are worthy of salvage. I keep the chopped wood and if for whatever reason, I can return them to "sporterized".
Mark

I know what you mean, I restored a 1917 BSA that was in bad condition
Tikirocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikirocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:27pm

Restorations of sportered rifles is totally legit and a well loved practice amongst collectors ... anybody doing this type of work ought to be commended.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic