D-Day Anniversary June 6, 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Day Anniversary June 6, 2008
    Posted: June 07 2008 at 10:14pm
I wanted to Fly Hoadie and the Marines and the Navy said I needed 6 years of college to fly so I went to the Army they only asked for 2 years. so I ended up going in as a Mech. 67V10 but then messed with the wrong woman and didnt know I was talking with her Husband trying to find her again and got arrested fer intering and remaining ......  so I got Infantry instead... the rest is History.......
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 1:02pm
Rhino-you woulda bin GREAT Marine material, mate.Your self dicipline,your morals,& your sense of duty.I guess the Navy missed out there.LOL
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 12:44pm
God Bless em all....
Get some
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 12:43pm
Hoadie My Dad was not at D-Day He was in the South Pacifice Island jumping Making as many  Fatherless Children as He could and not thinking of it at the time since them Fathers were shooting back.....

He Was A Marine  Semper Fi !!!!  For My Father!!!! I wish I would have been allowed to have spent more time with Him.
At least He got to see My Son when Boogie was 6 monthes old.... It treally messed with My Head when He called Boogie By His real name.... since He is a Junior.....LOL!!!! I felt like I should of Jumped up and said Yes Sir every time......LOL!!!!!
The Leagion did a great Job at His Grave site though.
Only thing is I wish I had his Marine Emblem that He had on His Hat .........................................................................................................
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 11:30am
06 June..In past years I always made a point to attend the Legion-no matter WHAT day it fell on.I could always count on @ least a dozen D-Day vets being there.I always felt so good buying all of them a drink.Now days I'm hard pressed to find any of those heroes.The passage of time has taken a toll.Theres still a couple left as members, but as always-they dont make it a point to attend Legion @ any particular day.As old Joe Duhaime said to me,"Whats the big deal? We did it-its over, it was a long time ago.In a few more years NO-ONE will remember or care.& we will be gone, so it wont matter anymore."
Well Joe-with respect I say..YOUR WRONG.
So heres to ALL the lads, that went ashore on Gold, Sword,Juno,Utah & Omaha.To all the lads that dropped in behind the beaches...& to all the boys that are forever young from that day forward..
I cant buy ya one, so I'll have a stiff one in your honour!
Thank you
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 8:02am
Second that!!!
"White Rhino"

Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2008 at 7:00am
Me too! We can never repay them for what they did, but we can remember with our deepest gratitude.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 10:46pm
Today June 6, 2008 is the anniversary of D-day. I just wanted to thank all the veterans for their service.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic