Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fire Forming .303 to .Enfield .410 shot shell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fire Forming .303 to .Enfield .410 shot shell
    Posted: November 30 2008 at 5:55am
The start- - .303 shell....

Second try with 7 grns of Blue Dot powder

Thirde try- - with some second tries. you can tell by how far the necks are formed.

Next try - - Getting close to full form ....

Here you see C.M. Putting the Packing in (Old Cloth ) to fire form the round.

Another one ...

Here are some ready for final form with shot being put in before firing...you can see the shot cup plainly

Here is a comparison between the .303 and the new formed .Brit. .410 shell

The bore of Cookies .410 Brit. Shot gun ...

Cookie Monster on the bench test firing the .410 Brit. Shot gun into the pasture/Shooting Range...

I thought we had the final product , but we forgot to take some picts of them....Before C.M. left for Home....

Oh Yea! Almost forgot this Photo.. Cookie Monster took it when I went out back to shoot a Bird flying over...
You can see to my rear right the packing all over the ground from fire forming the night before...I kept thinking that the game warden was going to come knocking on the gun room door that night....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 6:14am
Rhino in the above photo was shooting the NoI MkIII Ishapore by the way. Rhino's friend Daniel called it a confetti gun from all that wadding left in the yard by the fire forming.  And the photo above that kinda looked different shooting a shotgun off a bench rest like that. Confused
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 12:50am
Once again we see a example of what happens when Cookie & Rhino  are left without Adult supervision !!!!!!!!LOL Great Photo's boys !

Dave  
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 12:53am
LOL We were supervision Confused Well I guess we wereYing%20Yang
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:24am
Yep , We were good Boys , we put our own empty bottles in the trash can our self .....and the cans in the recycling bin....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 8:46am
Ying%20Yang Gentleman of the Jury ............I rest my case Disapprove LOL

Dave
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 11:06am
Only thing we left in the yard is the wadding/confetti
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Dave shakes head & looks to heaven shacking his head muttering ....Why Me Lord ? Why Me ?Pinch Then looks for a heavy blunt object & goes looking for Cookie & Rhino !!!!!!!!

Dave
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Brings a whole new meaning to SHOTGUN WEDDING southern style!  Big%20smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 6:00pm
 GROAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ouch

Dave
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 8:30pm
Shotgun weddings? Yes there were famous here in the south at one time. LOL kept the young gentlemen suiters accountable for their actions.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 6:43am
Ha! Speaking of that My Dad kept a shot gun by the door for years... My Brother-in-Law Married to my youngest sister and I was sitting in Step Moms living room after Dad died and He looked at the Door and said Leons Shot Gun is still in its same place as its been for the past 20 some thing years.... "and when I dated your Sister I always thought it was there for Me and then after we got married I found out one Thanks Giving it was for the critters that Got into your Dads chickens".....
That was priceless!!!!
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 5:36pm
Interesting little shells you made there boys.
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Hatchetman Hatchetman wrote:

Interesting little shells you made there boys.

to use them in a standard .410 you have to turn the rims down a little though as they are a little thick. Where as if you use commercial 410 ammo through a Ishy or a converted Mk111  (Called a fire fly over here ) there is no problem

If you ever want to load up fire formed 303 /410 cases  try a load of 14gns of 2205 & use a empty case as a punch to cut over wads out of thin cardboard (to keep the shot in place ) once you've loaded your ammo & fitted the over wad jut put a couple of drops of craft Glue round the inside of the case mouth to keep the over wad in place.

Dave   
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:15am
I may have to remember that recapie Dave...
Cookie and I were using spent .45 L/C cases to cut the over wads. A friend of mine said to use old wasp nest and then Cookie said the same thing...
"White Rhino"

moriflegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moriflegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 8:32am
Hi Guys

I just got a .410 Ishapore conversion (1913 No1 Mk III Enfield, converted 1932).  She cam with 20 loaded shells, but of course that's no where near what I want to have some fun.  So a few quick questions, since you guys know what you're doing (or at least in the fireforming case Tongue.
1.  Did you anneal the brass before the first wad shot?  If so, what method?
2.  Do you use anything other than the wad over the powder?
3.  It looks like you use an old towel or t shirt as a wad.  Which and about what size?
4. Once you have the final shape, it looks like you use a plastic 410 wad, rather than fiber wads.  Is that the case?  If so, does it work better than a nitro card and fiber wads, or is it just easier?
5.  What sort of powder / shot load do you use for the final .410 shell?

Sorry about all the questions, but you two are the first I've found that are actively fireforming and shooting a .410 Enfield.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's life, we all get through it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic