Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eddystone version of Enfield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 12:24pm
Great photos and nice wood on those rifles!
Ed
VAnimrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAnimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 8:37pm
One of those, just entered the fold here, as well.

FWIW, to the OP, STAY AWAY FROM RAMLINE!  Junk..............
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 8:33am

Those are strong and durable rifles. In my ignorant youth I got a Remington US M1917, with a severely corroded barrel. It would grind a .35 cal bore brush to .25 cal in a couple passes. Black tip armor piercing ammo was cheap and plentiful at the time, so I shot thousands of rounds of the stuff thru it. I noticed that on a hot day I would have to beat the bolt open with a rock or something, thought that was a little odd, but kept shooting. Eventually the headspace opened up too much and I stopped using it. It would still reliably hit tin cans at 100 yards. About 30 years later I found a replacement barrel and had the old tube replaced. Needless to say, the gunsmith examined the action thouroughly, and declared it sound and unaffected. THE BARREL HAD STRETCHED with the stress of thousands of unyelding bullets driven at obscene pressure down that rough, eaten and corroded pipe. With the new two groove barrel it hits right to the same point as the old barrel, and holds 1.5 inch groups with any prime, medium or scrap ammo I shoot through it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic