Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unpacking/restoring an Enfield rifle (par

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 8:27am
Yeah I know it still goes on dave. I was trying to be politically correct. I am not very good at it
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by airforcediver airforcediver wrote:

I'm moving to Aus, and becoming a land baron. I can't get a grip on a useful 10 acres where I'm at.

I heard a whisper a couple of months ago that Mt Eba Station might be going on the Market soon ....... It's bigger than Belgium in land mass ! Victoria River Downs (VRD ) used to be bigger again & Commonwealth Hills (Censored) used to be the Biggest Sheep Station in the Southern Hemisphere & when they divided it up what were out stations or depots became large stations in their own right ! Around here a 10 acre block would set you back about 90k at the moment on the outskirts of Quorn

Dave
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 11:48am
Star mate  if iwas still single i'd be in faster than a robbers dog.obviously SA has changed with another 25yrs of maturityIts funny but I'm from the South Island West coast of NZ. in fact this is the authentic  kiwi "COAST".When Irode through thay country particularly around Port Pirie,Pichi richi gorge ,gladstone(OURS is 10km from greymouth)and ?warmington amongst others ,it so reminded me of home.The land is so eerily similar to parts of the Grey Valleywith the gentle rolling pastures and topography.Id love to take up the offer and in return should ya ever venture this side of the ditch ,the door is always open ,yar as welcome as flowers in may,and put the bloody jug on.
   this is gonna be a bloody cracker wee forum i can feel it.
IF you lot promise NOt to laugh I may just  show you my bipods and how i builds em!all right polite sniggers are allowed.
  hopefully also now shamu and co have put me on the right path re bedding the barrel on ma "ELEPHANT GUN" i may show ya some photos of the wee soul once its sorted.Maimai
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 2:22pm
IF you lot promise NOt to laugh I may just  show you my bipods and how i builds em!all right polite sniggers are allowed.
  hopefully also now shamu and co have put me on the right path re bedding the barrel on ma "ELEPHANT GUN" i may show ya some photos of the wee soul once its sorted.Maimai

Mate there is nothing wrong with 'Bush' engineering ! I build bench rest stands out of Old Scissor Jacks !  I had a Mate that came from Nelson over your side of the Creek & he showed me photos I fell in love with the Place ! It's Funny to hear the Pichi Ritchi Pass called by it's proper name as we just refer to it as the Pass or the Quorn Pass. I shot it for years ,I'd shoot down to a place called Woolshed Flat & a Mate from Port would shoot from the other direction . We had Permits to shoot from the Road & when we got out of the Industry no more permits were issued ! Now of a Night it's not uncommon to see about 200 Euros (a Breed of Roo ) between the Port & Quorn ! Makes driving a Bloody nightmare of a night !

Dave
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 10:00pm
You two are way ahead of me!
I'm still using a pair of sticks & some parachute cord.

I have thought about making something out of metal,but so far no action.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 11:51pm
I'm over due for a new rifle to un pack
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 2:57am
cookieI get ya message ,so Shamu over to you old son ,take it away.
let us witness our wee beauty blossom.maimai
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 5:20am
Thats pi$$ all Dave, I wonder how quick the queen would process My transfer... lol from the CAF to the RAAF, I can even work on the same airframe provided there is a P-3 base near by
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:24am
Originally posted by airforcediver airforcediver wrote:

Thats pi$$ all Dave, I wonder how quick the queen would process My transfer... lol from the CAF to the RAAF, I can even work on the same airframe provided there is a P-3 base near by

Here's a start

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recruitmentCentre/overseasApplicants/airForce.aspx

There is a Squadron of P3's Based in Adelaide about 375kms from us if that's of any use to you

Dave
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 12:52pm
A lil bit of a morning commute don't you think?
If all else fails call in a MOAB and call it a day
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 12:58pm
Davey mate, i'm thinkin......if these Euros arent too big a very good contraceptive/road clearer /behaviour modifier is a bloody big black 4x4 tyre rotating at 100km/h plus.In Kiwiland we have a native of yours-Mr Opposum (me call Jacko) and these wee b....ds are very prone to circular condoms if ya get the drift.Buggers carry Bovine TB so are class A pests.Fur is Now worth $105.00 a kg.
    Guys ,just getting my daughter to check out the system and we'll attempt to upload the photos of my beauties.MAIMAI
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by maimai maimai wrote:

Davey mate, i'm thinkin......if these Euros arent too big a very good contraceptive/road clearer /behaviour modifier is a bloody big black 4x4 tyre rotating at 100km/h plus.In Kiwiland we have a native of yours-Mr Opposum (me call Jacko) and these wee b....ds are very prone to circular condoms if ya get the drift.Buggers carry Bovine TB so are class A pests.Fur is Now worth $105.00 a kg.
    Guys ,just getting my daughter to check out the system and we'll attempt to upload the photos of my beauties.MAIMAI

Both the Cook & I have Roo f**kers on the front of our cars (Roo Bars ) but the daughter has got a little Ford Laser & I haven't got round to fitting one to her car yet . A Euro can grow up to around the 50-60 kg mark & I have always maintained kilo for kilo their tougher than hitting a Red or a grey in the same size.  Bloody Possums!!!!!!! Bloody scurge of the earth ! We don't get em round here thank god ,but their protected over here & seem to know it !  I remember yrs ago they used to bring Big money over your side of the creek !

Dave 
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:32pm
I would agree on the Euros dave, they are heavy roos for their size and no matter how hard times are they are always in better condition than any other roo.
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 3:59am
Well that buggers that option! hey you US fellas-george W wouldnt have a coupla spare battletanks he could lend dave for a month or .needs to deal with some  bloody big grasshoppers actually"agrarian hairy australis".poms couldn't help instead named bloody money after them-euro!good thats sorted now werhere was I?;yep.The main bolt at front of mag/trigger housing;does this have to be torqued up to any specific tension,or is tight sufficient?Maimai
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 5:45am
I think Dave had found a figure of 20Ft/Lbs?

'Course here we've gone to flippin' NewtonsCensored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 7:12am
  Dave Says{Both the Cook & I have Roo f**kers on the front of our cars (Roo Bars )}

Dave we call them Cattle Killers down here. that is when they get to the size that would Kill a Cow... any thing small would be just for show...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic