Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unpacking/restoring an Enfield rifle (par

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 6:07am
Ya, there was an article around Kingston that my parents had. It was about some tree hugger freaking out about the over population of deer and turkeys in south eastern Ontario.  turns out she had done in the front of her Lexus SUV on a wild turkey, and she had to fight the insurance company to get them to pay for the damages. 
Well turns out she hit a deer like 2 weeks later and wrote off her Lexus. 

wait for it Hoadie, Cookie, Dave and Hatch stop reading get up and got use the head.  I don't need a bunch of grown men pissing themselves

So after the insurance company deems her second animal collision as her fault and doesn't replace her vehicle. So she posts a beef in the county rag about excessive animal this, lack of animal control that, and has like a two week battle with a local hunter, bout how they should do more to control animals.

turns out this same individual had boast some beefs about hearing rifle rounds going off, out in the country near her home during hunting season, and that hunting is cruel, animals should have the right to natural selection, Blah blah balh blah facken blah 

I laughed my ass off when my folks told me bout it their looking to see if they have the papers still so I can scan them and post.

I love stupid anti gun/hunting people that hates us until they have animal problems!
If all else fails call in a MOAB and call it a day
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 7:49am
LOLLOL Ya see there is a God after all !

I pulled into a Truck stop at a Place called Pimba one morning with a Load of Roos to unload into my Chiller ,it had been one of those nights where nothing had gone right & every Roo had been wearing Kevlar,every sharp rock & every other thing that could stake a tyre had moved out in front of me & the wind knew exactly when to spring up! I was not in the best of moods ! I had just got out of my Toyota to streach my legs & generaly clear the head & pull the kinks out of my back & the first thing I was faced with was a couple of Tree huggers that had got off of a Coach that had a sheduled stop there, well the first thing they saw was about 30 inverted Roos! Straight over to me & they were Fuming & they started on the fact I was a cruel heartless bastard etc (hell they only had to ask anybody that knows me to find that out Big%20smile) I just rolled a smoke & waited for the standard rant to finnish & then instead of my normal going off my Chops reaction ,I quite carmly explained to them that the Roos had not been shot,but had been hiit by vehicles traveling the Highway & it was my job to remove them there by saving any Bird or animals that may be drawn to the carcuses from the same fate ! The f**king Mongaloids actually shook my hand & told me what a great job I was doing LOL!!!!!!! I very quietly drove round to my Chiller ,unloaded in record time & went back out to my camp ! I have visions of these Pair of Spastics going into the Road  house & telling everybody what a great job I was doing & being told that they had just met a real live Roo shooter !

Dave    
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 11:04am
lol.. thats awsum, but Dave you forgot to give them their sign
How is everyone in the road house gunna know their stupid without their sign
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 2:06pm
I bloody hate "greenies"

It's easy being "green" as long as you have money and it dosent inconvenience you too much.
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Hatchetman Hatchetman wrote:

I bloody hate "greenies"

It's easy being "green" as long as you have money and it doesn't inconvenience you too much.

Just remember that a Greenie  & a Water Melon have a lot in common !
   Their both Green on the Outside .........But Red on the inside !

I near got locked up because of a couple of Greenies! One of the idiots decided to chain himself to the side of my Old work truck right outside of Coles in Port Augusta ! I asked him politely to remove himself & was told not so politely to preform several unnatural acts to myself & then to add insult to injury ,he made accusations about my parents marital statues at the time of my birthAngry So I did the right thing at that point of time I rang the Cops & I don't think they understood what was going on or the fact that I wasn't clear in explaining (the cretins had smashed my rear work lights ) So they said if I wanted to put in a complaint to come straight round to the police station & that's where my troubles started ........I attempted to ! Problem was I was dragging a Greenie along with meEvil%20Smile! Now technicaly he wasn't being dragged as I wasn't driving that fast so he could kind of run & try & unchain himself at the same time & he did manage to untie himself before we got out of the car park! Thing Was when I got to the Police station & explained what had happened the Cops were more interested in the piece of sh*t that my work lights ,even though I explained I was bringing him to them & I had warned him to get away from my vehicle ! Now the funny part was there were no witnesses even though the Car Park at Coles was quite busy ! (I did get a few Good onya Son comments when I went back over to Close to Finnish my shopping )
         Mind you a few years back I had about 30K of damage done to my Camp & equipment by Protesters ! I found out then how do you sue somebody who has never worked !!!!!!Censored Now I sit & wait up at Roxby for the Day the Tree huggers come back to protest at the Mine & then there will be pay back !!!!!!!!!

Dave        
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 3:03pm
just remember the Lime and a sawsall Dave
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 2:29am
Yep ,same old same old in NZ.greeniesw running about thinking the place is disneyland.The latest is disrupting duckshooting seaso,using whisltes etc to drive ducks off.apparently some shooters have had some very novel ideas in dealing to the bastards.
Just recently though,headlines were made when a sheila was checkin her shaggers faulty computer and found out he was working for an intelligence
unti within NZ police.it was known before that private firms did surveillance on the mad pricks,but this was one step further. turns out this guy was in cops pay for some time,pentrating right to the heart of the pyramid and sending intell feedback.Our left wing govt ,read pro green,and green party MPs all raised the roofabout spying on citizens ,anti terorist extremes etc etc.typical pollies for ya.it was a fine old crap fight whilst it lasted.guess that chap wont be getting his leg over again in as green sense.MAIMAI
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 3:57am
Personally the hessian underwear would put me off.Thumbs%20Down
My wife worked for (but wasn't part of) a green outfit. I kid you not, even rubber & plastics were "bad" (but when asked exactly WHY they didn't know.)
All natural shreddies that chafe just have to have a negative impact on your worldview.Dead
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 8:51am
guess that chap wont be getting his leg over again in as green sense.MAIMAI

I should say that that brings new meaning to moving onto ......Greener Pastures ?????LOL

Dave
maimai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maimai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 12:20pm
Mate she was as scrawny as a dog with mange and as rabid as a psychotic dingo.I  wouldnt touch her with a piece of wet firewood.the rest of her mob(locals)look as though a long conversation with the shearers handpiece followed bya prolonged submerged bath in the sheepdip wouldnt go astray.
 one of the ringleaders went to school with my son.apparently none of the guys he knows would even say gidday....let alone howabout it.
 all these buggers run around getting the tertiary education.."I know all"
   You know all....Sweet f..k all i presume.keep up the good work lads ..all animals a loverly with potatoes ,beans and sauce.Maimai
bolted_down View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolted_down Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:41am
Great Read, Shamu!!
Hoping to revive this one...
I want parts 3 and 4!!

GOT 2 consecutive S/N Mk2's coming in the next week, both in the wrapper!!
I NEED my part three and part four, ma brutha!!

:) LOL :)
Opportunity is missed by most because it usually comes knocking at the door
dressed in overalls and looking alot like work.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:43am
I'll get right on it.
I figure you'll have a good week's worth of scrubbing & scraping once they arrive. So that gives me a deadline to meet.Wink
Just one quickie tip in case you get a little ahead of me.
Keep a small container (film cans are perfect) & dollop any nice soft gooey cosmo in the can. You'll be using a few globules during the re-assembly.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic