Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need gunsmith oppinion ,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 9:13pm
Cookie, have tried a tenderising hammer on them?
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Lithgow Lithgow wrote:

Cookie, have tried a tenderising hammer on them?

Yes then you get this dry powder Dead that if you mix with gravy turns to a plaster paste.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 1:26am
Plaster paste!!!!!! HMMMMMMM I assume it sets hard???? ERE YOU GO Hoadie lad save you buying the tablets at $80 a throw!!Evil%20Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 3:40pm
Ah well, I dont like gravy so thats why I dont get the plaster. I have found however that whenever I eat them I get constipated.
I guess that is what is causing that.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 10:08pm
Sport clays are WORSE!Try THAT w/a double barrel..HA! Aint gonna happen @ all That Winchester auto I got fouls out so fast-its useless on the sport clay range .
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 1:26am
Hoadie I just recently had a winchester shot gun brought into my shop for me to see if I could fix it... The ole boy bought it from his friend for $40.00 Mark brought it to me since its His long time Bud and asked if I would fix it for him.  after cleening it and Man it was dirty... looked like some one drug it through the swamp and accross the yard after . it was a mess.
I got a few parts that were missing or broke and reasembled the Gun along with some help from CM and it would not shoot or eject. I disasemble it and started all over again .. nothing
I called Mark and told him to come get the Gun ... Its put back together and ready to beat up against a treee.
I then did some digging on the ole girl talked to one guy that said he has to clean his at about every 150 200 rounds or it starts acting up...
I personally didnt like it. I used to grip about my Remy 1100 .. Now Im happy to have her. but would take a Mossberg any day....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 3:47am
Rhino I have a Model 1400 MKII just like the one you and I attempted to restore that afternoon. I have NEVER had NO trouble from mine and would buy another if I could. Now a remington 1100 I would not use as a boat anchor they are junk O-rings gas system and they do not like cold weather and have to clean after every shot, as far as that goes you have to clean after every shot and in between shots. Also the auto loading 7400 series rifles would make good boat anchors as well
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 4:37am
You want a decent semi auto shotgun ?? Try a Beretta 303 semi. Lad has 1 it's never missed a beat in the 4 years he's had it. Got it second hand for his 14th birthday. Been dragged through ditches rough shoots clay shoots you name it it's done it.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 6:52am
I got the same Semi Winchester as Cookie-he's seen it/worked on it.I dunno why mine fouls out so quickly & his dont.(finicky critters I guess).After taking it to Cookies I cleaned it @ home & took it upp to cabin for some traps.Started to act up on the 15th round..& by 25 it was completly inoperable(never used to be like that).So now we gotta take it down fer cleaning a couple X per day if we wanna use it.
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 10:18am
On the Winchester 1400's there is two gas holes that stop up. remove the barrel and there inside the ring on the barrel side. Cheap discount ammo will foul one out. It is normal cleaning porcedure for that shotgun. Just like any other firearm it should be cleaned and oil after each use.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 11:51pm
Well,I guess Winchester,Federal & Remington trap loads are all "discount" stuff then.
Kinda like a sophisticated aircraft...spends more time w/maintainance than actual use!!
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 12:13am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Well,I guess Winchester,Federal & Remington trap loads are all "discount" stuff then.
Kinda like a sophisticated aircraft...spends more time w/maintainance than actual use!!
Hoadie

No you use it you clean it as should be will all firearms
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 12:48am
Clean the gas ports with a PIPE cleaner soaked in barrel cleaner. Betcha if my lad had hold of it and cleaned it you wouldn't get the stoppages you do get. 1 other thing do you use fibre wad or plas wad cartridges? Plaswads can shave bits of plastic off when they pass the gas ports that can cause blockages.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 2:36am
I DO use pipe cleaners!!(& a toothbrush) on the ports.Most of the shot is Plaswad these days.(got little bits of plaswad all over the back acerage!!lol)
& yes Cookie-we DO clean it.All the time these days-way too much in fact.Kinda ruins the fun when ya gotta stop & break her down all the time.
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 5:35am

I DO use pipe cleaners!!(& a toothbrush) on the ports.Most of the shot is Plaswad these days.(got little bits of plaswad all over the back acerage!!lol)
& yes Cookie-we DO clean it.All the time these days-way too much in fact.Kinda ruins the fun when ya gotta stop & break her down all the time.
Hoadie

Hoadie you bring a non-functioning shotgun to the meet and greet. I break it down and do a complete cleaning, “By the way was in severe need of”, and if works flawlessly for several months, you attempt to clean it and it begins to malfunction. When I come up this fall to hunt with you I will again disable and clean your shot gun and return it to service. And by the way Hoadie, That is part of it, "You use it you clean it". That is the Responsibility of owning and using a firearm. It is a mechanical device and requires routine maintenance. There are two types of maintenance. Scheduled and Emergency.

Routine or schedule maintenance is always the best. You choose the time and place to take a given piece of equipment out of service. For example you shoot a firearm. It is time to schedule a routine maintenance.

Emergency maintenance not good. This is when a piece of equipment is neglected and or improperly maintained dictates the time and place it will be serviced. And it always will be at a time or place that is very inconvenient. 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 9:21am

Hoadie

Ok! 1 make sure the toothbrush has bristles   Big%20smile, 2 read my posting again! Plaswads do shave off on the gas ports and bits DO get stuck ergo it malfunctions.Dead
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic