Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old/inactive members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old/inactive members
    Posted: April 09 2009 at 12:07pm
Not trying to be anti social or anything but is there a way to update the member list. We have some folks registered that haven't posted in years. I volunteer to email these folks to see if they are intrested in getting back in with the group. It is all or mostly fun, we do have some serious issues at times but I reckon thats just part of the site and as I have witnessed in the past folks step up with offers of help, prayers, and or good thoughts. 
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 4:17pm
Not a bad idea very few of the members who joined prior to me are still around. I have suggested to CM that ALL members MUST fill in the profile form correctly or they don't post on here. Ok we don't want to invade their privacy but hiding behind a SCREEN NAME and refusing to reveal your country of origin etc is suspicious and unfriendly to say the least. This site has a reputation for being friendly and helpful to ALL the members and their families regardless of race creed or political leanings. A genuine family site.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Not a bad idea very few of the members who joined prior to me are still around. I have suggested to CM that ALL members MUST fill in the profile form correctly or they don't post on here. Ok we don't want to invade their privacy but hiding behind a SCREEN NAME and refusing to reveal your country of origin etc is suspicious and unfriendly to say the least. This site has a reputation for being friendly and helpful to ALL the members and their families regardless of race creed or political leanings. A genuine family site.

Capital ideas Tony!
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
theoldsoldier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 3:57pm
i noticed this thread,i am a old man does that include me.Although i don,t write much on the boards i am actively using it. I enjoy reading about rifles, the bantering that goes on,the serious stuff.I had my rifle taken away a few years ago,after my elsie died my daughter didn,t trust me with her because i was very depressed.I come on just to read and listen to other peoples experiences,i do hope this is ok?
up the british
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 4:59pm
We know you come on and yes it's ok. We are discussing people who join and don't use the site or haven't used the site in over a year and those who don't/won't fill in the profile details, ie country of origin, name, interests etc. Basically those who don't/won't will find themselves unable to post comments on the site in the future.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 10:31pm
Yep!! Imentioned a few times in the past about disclosing where your from.People come on looking for items etc..& the laws are different in different countries/states/provinces.Its very helpful to know the geographics of members.
Like Tony says-non disclosure of info does provide a breeeding ground for trouble makers.
Great idea Tony.. I think we should move on that recommendation
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:22am
I think you know why I'm pushing for it mate. 
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 10:30am
Yep-& I couldn't agree more!!
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 9:32am
OK ! I give up!!!!! I am not a pure breed coonass!!!! But My Wife Is!!! I'm just half.......
I can see Hoadie taking this to a new level..........LOL!!!!
I Like the Idea that you can see that your talking to some one in another country. or Here state side.......
It does seem kinda suspect that some one would not post ther country ect.......I can see not posting e-mail addy and stuff like that.
Give them a few Months fer some thing like E-Mail ect. country you live in should be mandatory.....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 11:11am
No problems with that,Krestan!!I with ya there.There has to be SOME privacy.But as I said-just knowing the geography is a big help.
Hoadie
(I'm innocent...honest!)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:38pm
Hoadie
(I'm innocent...honest!)

Of the Riechstag Fire maybe Big smile

Rhino something happened involving an old member ( don't ask we can't say ) both hoadie and I  know all the details and agree we have to try and cover our collective a**es on the forum.

Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 7:45am
Seems like Hoadie needs to give me some details.... My Mind is starting to go off in several dark places of thought ......
One of the scary places involves something with Gov. watch dogs checking on what we are talking about.....Censored
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 8:02am
Nothing to do with government watchdogs. Hoadie won't talk neither will I we gave our word not to say anything. All I will say is it's very serious.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 9:04am
I cant take this any more ..... Im thinking of a friend in OZ that I have a care package for and now am scared to send it ....... Hoadie has the same in His and its sitting right beside it......
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:42pm
Its OK Krestan...You can send the booze-just dont send it to Dave.Send it to Al-he'd like that
Hoadie
yorlshirelass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorlshirelass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 11:01am

Gov watchdogs its thee wives you wanna be watchingEvil Smile.Years of playing with thee weapons, revenge is ours, Tony get thy baronet out,show thee how it works againThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic