Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield made the cover of Shotgun news.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enfield made the cover of Shotgun news.
    Posted: June 28 2006 at 12:24pm
Had to buy a copy of Shotgun News.  I don't normaly buy magazines of the rack but I was thumbing through the selection and found an Enfield on the cover.  Inside there was a 4 full page article of the L42 sniper rifles.  It discussed the merits there of.  The editor even went out a a limb and ranked a slight bit higher then the over hyped Mauser.  I could have stood there and read the whole article in the store but the managers tend to frown on that in these parts (ask me how I know)  So I bought it and took it home and read.  Probably a good thing as I found an ad for No.4 Enfields for $109.95 +shipping & transfer fee.
I've seen the future and I don't like it.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 6:47am
Hey shotgunminister,
read the article my self, that rifle was a beauty! Ive got the mag at work in my office
but it hink if i remember right the L42 is not old enough to get with a C&R and down
here wher im at you dont see many Enfields in my area, especialy one like the  L42
but im keeping my eyes open maybe i will find one in an add or someplace.
as for the No.4 Enfeilds, did you see that add by J&G Sales ? and you must not have
a C&R? because all you have to pay is shipping which runs about $13.00 to $17.00
it pays for itself with the first 3 rifles you buy.I just got an M38 Moisan nagant in and paid only $13.00 postage. I also got a 3 fer deal from Century International----
3 Enfields w/cracked stocks for W/shipping and a free Cetme bayonet $237.50
and there is one bad cracked stock the other 2 have hair line cracks in the top hand gaurd, whitch is not visable except from the under side.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;          Th e "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
shotgunminister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:55am

Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Hey shotgunminister,
read the article my self, that rifle was a beauty! Ive got the mag at work in my office
but it hink if i remember right the L42 is not old enough to get with a C&R and down
here wher im at you dont see many Enfields in my area, especialy one like the  L42
but im keeping my eyes open maybe i will find one in an add or someplace.
as for the No.4 Enfeilds, did you see that add by J&G Sales ? and you must not have
a C&R? because all you have to pay is shipping which runs about $13.00 to $17.00
it pays for itself with the first 3 rifles you buy.I just got an M38 Moisan nagant in and paid only $13.00 postage. I also got a 3 fer deal from Century International----
3 Enfields w/cracked stocks for W/shipping and a free Cetme bayonet $237.50
and there is one bad cracked stock the other 2 have hair line cracks in the top hand gaurd, whitch is not visable except from the under side.
         &n bs p;          &n bs p;          &n bs p;          Th e "White Rhino"

Yeah I think it is the one for sale by J &G

Nope I ain't got a C&R  I'm very seriuosly considering it though. With transfer fees at $25 the C&R would be paid for with one gun.

How do I go for a C&R and how old do you have to be? 21 ain't it?

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 5:41am
Hey shotgunminister,
I dont know for sure, but since you can buy pistols i believe it would be 21.
check out page 54 in shotgun news this guy with RK enterprises has the kit you need to get started. you follow the instructions and in a few weeks you have your licence
well let me go got some stuff that needs taken care off right now
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;      The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:13am

It's not too difficult to get.  I submitted my application and in about 10 weeks it came in the mail.  I think the age limit is set at 21.

Eric

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:38am
 Well im back, had a buddy show up to get my son for a couple of days to help him
clear the bayou side of his property so they can build a dock.
well as for the C&R after you get the kit the license cost $30.00 for 3 years, the kit has a list of places to buy from and the books you need to keep track of the guns you buy. now you cant buy weapons and resale for profit but you can dispose of
any of them for the money you have in them. or trade for some thing else.
you also get forms to do the transfers. I'm happy with mine, I have made 21 additions to my TOY BOX !  and relly look forward to seeing the UPS truck.
I have 45 rifles and pistols together and Im looking for more. this drives my wife crazy, not the buying of guns but thwt they are all over the place. so now she is on my case about building me a gun cabinet or two or three.........
Hell the last rifle i bought she went shoot it with me and my kids, and she liked it,what a woman! she still is a mean , evil , wicked , @#%&* but we go good together
not many women would put up with me.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;    The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

shotgunminister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 11:57am
Got two more years to wait then.  In the mean time I just spend the extra 25 bucks and cherish the fact that I am free from govt. paper work and jack booted thugs knocking down my door  for failure to fill out some document.  In case you haven't noticed I've had a second oppinion.  Also the prohibtion of selling the guns for profit pretty takes away any interest I did have.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 5:06am
Well buddy I know what ya mean. but the money saved means every 3 or 4 weapons i get a gun for the money that i saved in transfer fees now you could also go for the full fledged FFL license then you just transfer the weapons you want to your self and sale the others for profit the best thing about that is you buy in bulk save the best for your self and sale the junk to the ... well you get the picture.
some thing that my wife says I should do. some times she speeks so wisely i wonder if it is really her. but really she is right let some one else pay for my habit. so its on the table in my mind right now. but it would mean that i could order a lot more newer guns than the Relics that i get now. and save money.
on the other hand you can trade up for something ya know.   dont let your self get taken buy an even trade or less go for better than what you have. then its all leagal.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;       The"White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 5:18am
oh man! Your wife gonna let ya get more shootin irons??!!!! Is there any more where ya found that one? Never mind - I'll just come & borrow yours fer a few years!! (Maybe she'd like the Great White North)hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 5:31am
Sorry hoadie,
The evil Mean and Wicked B@&*% doesnt like the snowy north, hence the reason i turned down a job at Boeing in Wichita, should of took it though, had my Dad in there
my older brother and my brother inlaw and( my favorite sisters husband) and my oldest siter takes care of the computers for them through IBM contract. GOT ANY THING ELSE TO TRADE?
The "White Rhino"

Edited by White Rhino - July 01 2006 at 7:10am
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:25am
How bout a case of Canuck beer, a pack of beaver tails, a jug of poutine, a can of Tim Horton's coffee, $5.00 (in unmarked bills), & a partridge in a pear tree?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:00am
Hey Hoadie,
Give me a comparason of the Canuck Beer, is it as good as a Wisen or as BAD AS A schaffer ( well??? )  schaffer tasts like,,, well you know, something spilled on the FLOOR! AND Beaver Tails????? could mean a few different things?!?!  JUG OF POUTINE ok ya got me there??????? dont know?!?!? could it be you have my Wifes secret recipes????? I dont know , Oh well!    and a can of Tim Hortons Coffee,, whoa
wait $5.00 in unmarked bills???????????????????  Man I TAKE IT THAT YOUR TIM HORTONS COFFEE IS REALLY BAD..... hey let me send you some Community COFFEE, its real coffee!
sounds like you need some real Coffee NOT SOME YANKY WATER WITH EGG SHELLS IN IT.. (no pun intended for any one living above I - 10 ) ( wich is THE  Mason Dixon Line in all reality) any one GOT a problem with that,come by the house we can discuss the matter there. and BRING SOME BEER OK...
The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 10:42am
Canuck beer has no comparisons.It USED to be great, but now that the yankees have bought all the major breweries, they're beginning to drag 'em down to their own level. Beaver tails are a Cdn snack food.Poutine is a gravey/cheese mix ya flood fries with.(big with the French types),Tim Horton's coffe has become world famous.Its even stateside now(now that the yankees bought it, that is) We've even got a T.Hortons in Iraq for our troops, & its on every Navy ship we got.(personally, I could take or leave it.I used to sell coffee & know the difference)
I Do know mason/Dixon is the great divide, Not the line between Yanks & "patriots".
$5.00 in unmarked bills - what more do ya want?!?? A can of Spam too?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 11:27am
Hey Hoadie,
Dont tease me Like that,fried spam is delicous i love it that way.and on the Poutine?
ya messin with my french heritage? dont go there, I can call up just about any other
Race other than inuits thats in my bloodline. so we cant play on race.
And by the way thanks for the compliment ---- Patriot????? wow! i like that .. but it really doesent fit a half breed down here in the real south like ME!
AMERICAN BY BIRTH SOUTHERN BECAUSE THATS THE WAY I SAID IT WILL BE !!!!!!!
The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 6:25am
Hey Hoadie, forgot to mention your right about the Yanks and Beer, America has the
poorist quality beer ,the only other country that had worst was Turky, and to get it
ya had to go to something that resembled a speek easy during prohibition times.
and run the risk of getting caught by the turkish authorities, cant remember what
the punishment was.
Well let me get back to the kitchen, I'm pickeling some Okra,.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         The"Whit e Rhino"

"White Rhino"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 10:53am
A can of Spam too?

Bloody Spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a tin of the muck in  my baiting gear I use it to stiffen (poison ) Dogs with ! Almost as bad as Bully Beef ! (Chipped Beef ) carve it up & have it on toast & you have "sh*t on a shingle"

Stalin  (uncle Joe to his friends ) once said that Spam had been the thing that saved the russian army from starving ! Look what happened to him !!!!!!!! If the Name 'Rat's coffin' had'nt been already coined for the humble Aussie Meat Pie! I'm sure it could have been used to discribe  Spam !!!!! Tinned Dog  will have to Suffice !

Dave ( Gourmet of Road kill )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic