Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IWO JIMA TV Show Military Channel Nov 22nd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Cartwright SASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IWO JIMA TV Show Military Channel Nov 22nd
    Posted: November 10 2009 at 2:01am
On Nov 22nd at 10 pm the Military Channel is putting on a TV Documentary called "BATTLE RATS: Iwo Jima" it is a new show about the island today and relics found there.

It was done by a friend of mine who did me the honor of showing pictures of my Father on Iwo Jima. Dad was in the 4th Marine Division and fought on Iwo Jima for the entire battle and survived (lucky for me Wink )

You may see more about Sgt Leon Padell and his men at

There are pictures from Parris Island, Battle photos, and photos of the islands today and much more.

DON'T MISS THIS DOCUMENTARY Thumbs Up
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you are stupid"

Sgt John M. Stryker USMC

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway

John Wayne
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 3:53am
thanks ill try to catch that , i checked the site you linked , im planning to return and spend a bit of time there ,

thanks to your father , those that took the islands were very much respected by those that occupied them after , my father often told me of the flyover of the marine cemetary on saipan that he participated in - his plane was piloted by capt morgan [memphis belle fame] on that day ,

my father spent his time on saipan in the left blister of A square 10 , note its the tail number made the cover of yank december 8 of 44 ,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic