Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ex military .223 rounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ex military .223 rounds
    Posted: July 06 2006 at 9:13pm

has anyone ever used these rounds?lately my mate has been talkin  about  these asian ex military rounds  .we're goin away shootin in 2 weeks and hes lookin at stocking them up at that price.just wondring at $5 a box..instead of $20-$22...will there be nasty results in using them?

'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 6:02am

What is the Aussie main battle rifle at the moment?  Ours is the m16, so there's plenty of cheap .223 ammo.  I guess I never thought about it being 20-22.00 a box! What's the price for a box of .303 in Australia?

Eric

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 6:47am
I dunno bout Oz - but good .303 ammo (Remington, Winchester etc) in Ontario runs about $22.00 per box(20).
Usually sold in 180 grn..I usually pick up 150 grn - when I see it.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 6:55am
I found some .303 down hear for $10.95 a box, at Houma Auto parts my favorite
Gun store!  it was Wolf gold 150 gr.
The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 8:33am
Eric, the steyr would be the most used   .223 rounds in winchester or PMC are $20-$22 a box of 20.....303 rounds are $21AU (box of 20) Like hoadie I usually go for the 150grn. most centrefire cartridges are a dollar a shot  at least here.

Edited by allan - July 07 2006 at 8:33am
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 9:08am
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

I found some .303 down hear for $10.95 a box, at Houma Auto parts my favorite
Gun store!  it was Wolf gold 150 gr.
The "White Rhino"

You buy ammo @ an Auto parts store? Where do ya buy your tires?
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 9:21am
Hey Hoadie,
At one time in the past Houma Auto parts used to be an actual auto parts store now the sell every thing from reloading to factory ammo and the Rifles and Pistols to go with them, they still have a few Auto parts, barly enough to fill a 4x8 peg board.
and the Wife goes and gets the Tires for me.
The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 10:05am

I use UMC or USA brand when not reloading. its Remington and Whinchester's off brands. around $6 a box of 20

Cookie Monster

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 10:20am
Hoadie, doesn't Canadaian Tire still sell ammo ( and everything else)?
Ed
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:14pm

you blokes go to get new TYRES (and yes you's are spelling it wrong not I) and ya walk out with a new gun and ammo???!!!!!!!! oh man my mrs would cringe at the thought of me goin there..auto supplies and guns/ammo all under the one roof? now thats a place to spend the weekend.....or two

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Ed Hill Ed Hill wrote:

Hoadie, doesn't Canadaian Tire still sell ammo ( and everything else)?
Ed

Yeah - Canadian Tire still sells ammo(not firearms anymore) but ya get a better deal @ Wal-Mart!
I buy 100 rnds of 12 or 20 Ga shot shells there for $22.00..All remington or Winchester.I'm happy with the performance.
Usually Cdn Tire sells bout 4-5 $ more.
But if you REALLY wanna go crazy - go to Bass Pro. Man - it's like u r a kid in a candy store!!!!
Hoadie
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 1:36am
Originally posted by allan allan wrote:

you blokes go to get new TYRES (and yes you's are spelling it wrong not I) and ya walk out with a new gun and ammo???!!!!!!!! oh man my mrs would cringe at the thought of me goin there..auto supplies and guns/ammo all under the one roof? now thats a place to spend the weekend.....or two

Mate there was a time! When every service station in the country area & a few in the cities sold ammo (normally 12g & .22lr ) Sports stores & tackle shops sold rifles ,K mart had em & alot of servos in the country sold rifles as well! (that was in the days you could go to a servo & they had mechanics & you could buy car parts !!!!! Not Milk bread & most grocery items !
      A lot of that Mil surp .223 is Chinese!!! real cheap & nasty stuff !

Dave
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 3:51am
They used to put barrels full of Enfields on the sidewalks on Young Street in Toronto, with a sign that read,"your choice:$20.00"
That sir, is the truth.
Hoadie
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 8:06am
Guy who shoots at our club  has an M4 regulated to single shot. He's been using imported ammo and had 1 jam after another. Last one was a beaut live round jammed in the breech rifle cocked and he's asking " Has anybody got a cleaning rod handy so I can knock this round out of the breech?!"     Exit tony stage left off to the cafe until he gets it cleared!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 1:59pm
coward! Wheres your sense of selflessness...doing the right thing for your fellow man?!? (Did ya have a Guiness? lol)
Hoadie
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:39am
Went right out the window mate. Got too many scars without adding any more. Nope didn't have a guiness Its a fair drive home and the police don't take kindly to drink driving! They take you gun license off you as well as your driving license for drink driving offenses and you don't get it back.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic