Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sayin' Hey from the Plains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sayin' Hey from the Plains
    Posted: August 11 2010 at 5:48am

I hang out on other forums, I go by the same handle incidentally, but thought I would add myself over here as well. Right now my collection is primarily Enfields but I'm rebuilding after having a rough year and being forced to sell off almost all of what I once had. The Enfields I currently own are:

1906 BSA/Sparkbrook No 1 Mk I*** (sadly sporterized but am reversing that)
1917 Enfield No 1 Mk III*
1917 BSA No 1 Mk III*
1939 BSA No 1 Mk III (the * was cancelled on this one)

Anyway, hi to all and hope I can contribute in a some small way.
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:51am
Hello and welcome to the forum.
No4Enfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No4Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 8:09am
Come on in! 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 8:25pm
Welcome !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 12:21am
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's appreciated.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 9:12am
welcome and thanks for joining us , sorry to hear of the tuff year , glad to see your getting enfields first - good choice 
WWI Flying Ace View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWI Flying Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 12:25pm
Welcome!  I have never been to South Dakota, but will get there some day!  Hope you enjoy it here...great people and great info about Enfields here.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 10:59pm
A square 10: I actually didn't sell all the Enfields to begin with. While I had no qualms about getting rid of the Mausers, Mosins, and other assorted rifles, I just could not part with my 1906 BSA/Sparkbrook or the all matching 1917 Enfield. My insanity had it's limits Smile

Flying Ace: You aren't missing a whole lot... Lots of flatlands until you get to the western side of the state. Nice out in the Black Hills though.
No4Enfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No4Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 5:37am
Seems to be going around in the US, 3/4 of mine as well but it was mostly Benelli tactical shotguns etc, I kept my enfields, my fave AR and my ol' Mossberg Pump
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:41am
It has been going around a lot, I've noticed it quite a bit in my area. Other than my 2 Enfields I kept all my heirloom pieces. The rest went on down the road.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic