Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who is hunting this year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnfieldHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who is hunting this year
    Posted: November 08 2011 at 9:29pm
Wisconsin deer season starts the 19th.

Seven hunters I'm my cabin this year.

Will report any success.

Anyone else headed to the woods?
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 10:41pm
I won't be, didn't get a license in the draw this year. However, my dad will be going out with his Savage No 4 and right now I am getting a 1943 Maltby No 4 set up for my step-sister to use for deer. I had to get a bantam butt stock for the rifle to fit her properly, but it looks like it will work out good for her.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 7:10am

i might ..but not for the opening , going to Ft. Stewert to visit our oldest again for Thanksgiving ..Bringing our youngest with us ...  so any Deer hunting will be after !!!  if any at all ....deepends on how my legs hold out !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 7:57am
I already been.I shot 2 moose, Cory got one.
Headin back up to cabin for deer on Friday.(We got a bear we probly gotta take out, as well).
6 hunters in my place this year.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 8:30am
Cool!!!  I have not seen a Bear around my place in years !!!  about 10 I think ... Dang!!  I need to get my trail camera up again !!  Maybe that ole Coyote is hanging around again !!
Come to think of it , I need to take Doobie back there and show Him where the stands are so Him and Megan can make a few hunts !!!  Maybe I will get back there this week end !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 9:53am
opened last weekend here , ive heard good and bad - most of the guys that work for me here got deer , i know of a few that saw them and some who saw none but one young lady smoked her first on the eve of her first hunt , very happy young lady ,

i know of one friend who is going late week - weill report but he has never failed before ,

and i know we have lost three hunters this year including one from my hometown that is related to a friend ,

BE CAREFULL , its fun , but not worth dieing
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 10:59am
Thats the bitch of it all Rhino....When I come down I cant bring any Moose meat along.I think you & Lisa would enjoy it(& I dont think theres enough meat on a moose to feed Boogie!! )
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 11:42am
Was out this morning from 7am to noon and saw 9 does two bucks and two moose shot a nice doe as I came out of a coolie.
she came out of a bush with two others,they ran towards me then booked it across a field once they saw me(they saw me before I saw them)by the time I got the safety off and shot they were approx 200-210 meters away,she ran another 100 or so and stopped  so I thought I had missed  and now she was to far for me to shoot at.
with all the blowing snow and wind I didnt hear a "flap"after I shot so wasnt sure then she just fell over .
Still going out with my son on the 19thso he can get his first whitetail:)
Hoadie why cant we transport meat accross the boarder into the states?
The fella's that come here to Sask. from the U.S. can take their meat home?(I assume?)
I am not familiar with any reg's for transporting animals ...just curious
A true measure of a man is not how he act's when thing's are going well.But how he act's when things are going Bad.
R.S.G.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Thats the bitch of it all Rhino....When I come down I cant bring any Moose meat along.I think you & Lisa would enjoy it(& I dont think theres enough meat on a moose to feed Boogie!! )
Hoadie

Oh Well , Maybe you can jerkey some and send it to me ???  LOL!!!!
Went make a Squirrel hunt this morning with Doobie and His Dad ...  Kinda upset his Dad when I handed him My squirrels that I shot with my .22 marlin ..LOL!!!  he said he eats the heads !!  Yuk !! not Me !!  not that hungry !!! LOL!!  all head shots , I thought no one wanted wasted meat !!
My knees are killing me now ..We walked Harrisons side and My 2 properties and circled back on to Harrisons and then to the house !!  Then shot a Tannerite target . Let Doobies Dad shoot it with his 30-06 .....
Oh yea Hoadie, Im a Tannerite distributor now !!! just wait till You come down here next spring !! LOL!!!
"White Rhino"

EnfieldHunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnfieldHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 1:03pm
A week for today I'll be eating smoked ribs, drinking whiskey, enjoying the company of friends and family while sharing stories of the day's hunt....
Sitting in the corner of the cabin in my Grandfather's rifle rack will be freshly oiled Lee Enfield resting after a long day afield and listening to the laughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic