Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Deer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First Deer!
    Posted: September 11 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

(Cookie is s'posed to tag along)
Hoadie

Doing my best Hoadie.......Have to secure funding for said trip first !
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 11:31am
HAVE A GREAT HUNT YOU GUYS!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 10:36am
My rifle deer season starts in November.Moose is in October.I'll be up for deer for the full 2 weeks, this year.(Cookie is s'posed to tag along)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 9:03am
I just re-visited this thread as I am gearing myself up mentally and physically for my deer and black bear hunt at the end of next month and have been going through all the posts on hunting with the Enfield rifles. Very nice rifle, full military trim, I like that! Nice deer too!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 11:29am
congrats - nothing like eating what you harvest and nothing like controling the surplus population of thos overabundent rascals
bivvyman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bivvyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 2:40am
fmj on deer !! Shocked ooooooooops just red the rest 150sp s&B Wink
Its our god given right to hunt.

Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
http://www.sweethillshootingsyndicate.co.uk/
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 6:49am
Nice Deer and Nice Rifle !!!  I got Me a Doe with My 1916 yeller muzzle !!!!!  didnt have a Mag for it at the time so I was doing the single shot thing !!!!
But one shot was all I needed !!!

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 1:20am
"this photo uploader yall use is a nightmare and a half!"
It is a bit klutzy isn't it. I guess we can't complain though as the site owner lets us host for nothing & we don't get spam & adverts.Star

You don't have to use it, though. You can just use a host like "photobucket", copy the [img] tags & paste directly into the post if you like.

Nice deer, nice rifle, nice shooting as well. Dayum! I wish I could find a place like that to shoot. Everywhere round here is full of trees you cant even see that far!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 10:55pm
Very nice to see another Enfield enthusiast who puts the rifle to work. Nice deer and rifle!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 1:02pm
Always nice to see more Texans with Enfields, Great Deer!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:43pm
Good work there buckaroo....just what I love to see. A classic rifle and round doing what its supposed to...making something living...dead....Smile
Nice job.

Roo

Get some
sayak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 7:55am
Nice deer, beautiful rifle, great job! What do you figure your range to have been?
I support hard work, creativity, freedom, responsibility and truth
Mike-From-Texas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike-From-Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 3:31am
I stumbled upon this forum because it sparks my interest as a lover of all thing Lee-Enfield. I own two myself, a modest collection I know. I'm using this first ever post to tell you all of my successful hunt which occured on November the 5th just outside Fredericksburg, Texas. I managed to bag a 7 point buck (not bad for first deer I'm told) at 8:00 AM using my 1943 ROF Maltby No.4 Mk.1 in original configuration, fixed sights and all. I must say it was truly a joy being able to use my own Enfield to fell such a proud beast. Ammunition used was the 150.gr Sellier & Bellot .303 SP.

He tasted delicious!Clap Also this photo uploader yall use is a nightmare and a half!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic