Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dam Busters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dam Busters
    Posted: April 19 2012 at 5:47am
Remember the 1955 movie?
Well supposedly Peter Jackson (the hobbit guy not the Cunard Captain) is in the process of remaking the story of 617 Sqd. & the antics of "Operation Chastise", the attack on the Mohene, Sorpe & Eider dams in the Rhur during WW2!

Its supposedly in filming but has been "cleaned up" to reflect the times. Guy Gibson's black lab is now "digger" a slight revision.Confused
http://dambustersblog.com/2011/11/08/dambusters-remake-quiet-progress/
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:59am
interesting to see it - i have seen the 55 version when i thought of it as fairly new
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:42pm
Well-lotsa luck to him..Theres only two Lancasters left flyin in the world(one in blighty & one here in Canada-not far from me)Dunno how he'll get those two together to make a "FLOCK"
Ous is grouded till June.Starboard wing support come loose.Damn near came down in a hurry t'other day!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 11:47pm
CGI, just like the way they did for "Pearl Harbor", all done in the compewter nowadays.Dead
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 4:27am
My parents were there when they were filming Pearl.One of the warbirds crashed into a mountainside.They used quite a few "birds" makin that one
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 6:22am
Had a chance to get one of those 1903 rifles that was used in that movie ...  just like I got one of the Mausers from the "Last Samurai "
I will have to dig through My contacts to see who had them ... they are no more cost wise than buying one to shoot now !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 7:34am
do they come with a hang tag or some such athentication ? that might make them more valuable in the future ?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 12:51pm
Yes they come with papers of authenticity ... My Mauser came with papers also from the Last Samurai... 
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 1:02pm
http://www.sarcoinc.com/

Sarco is the one who has them !!!
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2012 at 11:49am
now thats pretty cool - nothing ive thought of seeking out nor realized were available before now , but very interesting variants to add to collections
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2012 at 11:56am
If I was not saving in case Richard SAI is doing another run , I would get me one too !!!  just to hang on the wall with the papers framed right next to it !!!
"White Rhino"

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2013 at 10:42pm
Any up date on this?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic