Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings From Adelaide S.A.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings From Adelaide S.A.
    Posted: September 04 2012 at 4:16pm
Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to some photo's.
303Guy
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 2:06pm
Welcome to our merry band of Enfielders!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 1:39pm
Excellent Story beach62, welcome to the forum. Post some picture of these beauties when you can.

The "Cookie Monster"
beach62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beach62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 12:14pm

Greetings fellow enfielders.  Been a long time reader but now a first time poster!  I've had a life time interest in Lee Enfield rifles having owned several over the years including a No. 4 Mk. 1 and a No. 5 when I was younger. 

But for now I just have 2 which I have a close emotional connection with!  Both are Lithgow made No.1 Mk3* rifles .. a 1922 manufactured rifle with a much newer heavy barrel fitted and in original military configuration and a 1941 manufactured rifle .. slightly sporterized .. but which I intend to restore some time very soon. 

I believe the 1922 made rifle still has the Queensland maple butt stock but the rest of the timber has been replaced with 1940s coachwood.  It is a great rifle to shoot with the heavy barrel having had very little use.  The 1941 rifle has only been lightly sporterized with the forestock and front handguard cut back to just forward of the outer band .. with the nose cap gone of course.  Shouldn't be hard to restore.

The close emotional connection comes from my father serving in the 27th Batt of the 7th Div 2nd AIF in the Middle East carrying and using these sorts of rifles .. I even have his paybook showing his original qualification in the No. 1 rifle.

Thanks to all those have contributed to this site .. it has been a great source of useful and practical information!  Look forward to many more informative posts!

Cheers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic