Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P14 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P14 trigger
    Posted: September 16 2012 at 6:49pm
I know it's not an Enfield, but I have an Eddystone P14 .303 in military configuration, and the trigger is pretty bad.

The second pressure doesn't break cleanly, there is quite a bit of movement before it fires.

My Eddystone M17 in 303-25 has a similar problem, but being a sporter, I can put in an after market trigger.

The P14 will be kept in original condition, but I was wondering if the trigger can be improved yet still keep the rifle in "as issued" condition?
"Ubique Calorem Portandum"
saffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 11:34pm
Often a little polishing of the sear and assoicated components, can improve things radically. A Dremel, jewellers rouge, and some arkansas stone will do the job.
I would suggest checking the associated parts through a magnifying glass first to se eif there any nasty edges and rough spots.
Not a complete idiot. Still missing a few parts.
a2d2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a2d2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 4:52am
Addley Precision Inc. has a smith-less scope mount for the M1917 they have been making mounts for the Lee-Enfields for a while now I have one for my no.4 its really Nice and rigid. they have the M1917 on there ebay website but not www.addleyprecision.com google M1917 or p17 scope mount and you will find them. cheers 
A2D2
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 5:11am

You could swap out parts and se if you get a better trigger pull. Numrich and several others has parts and I'll check "The Box" tonight.

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 9:45pm
as the original design for the Pattern 1914 was developed at enfeild i consider it a close cousin , and since the Model 1917 is a rework of the P14 to accomadate the 3006 cartrige i consider it a cousin first removed Thumbs Up
Joey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 8:22pm
Thanks for the replies.

I have done a bit of reading, and apparently the top rib on the trigger may be a bit too big, hence engaging too early and causing the nose of the sear to have too long a travel across the cocking piece during the second pressure.

Apparently a little stoning of the top rib should improve things, so I'm going to give it a go.

I will practice on the M17 first, as that trigger can be replaced, the rifle has been sporterised.
"Ubique Calorem Portandum"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic