Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

some history content

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some history content
    Posted: November 29 2006 at 6:34pm
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=166941

heres a link to a good read.....
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 12:53am
Sounds like a good idea dropping them off but why cremate em? Let em have the bits back in a bag!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 1:14am
Jeez that's weird  sh*t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 3:19am
full on.. isnt it? i was amazed as i was readin..to go to all that trouble..im with tony..except ..to keep cost down, i wouldnt of botherd with the bag.. 

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 4:08am
WOW...From the "Strange but True Dept."
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 5:30pm
Well if you want to drop all the bits off you will need a whole lot more aircraft... I guess all you need to cremate a bunch of bodies is a jerry can of petrol and a stack of wood, and they will all fit insode a nice little urn.

Practicality im guessing.
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 5:44pm
 hatchetman, yeh thats cool...buts its not as "in yer face" as droppin body bits ..Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 5:57pm
Ummn i thought the whole point of the exercise was to NOT appear to be barbarians....
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 8:39am

I would like to comment, but I'm afraid my comment is probably too vulgar.  Let's just say, "Let the bastards burn... after being thrown from the plane!!!"

Eric
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Hatchetman Hatchetman wrote:

Ummn i thought the whole point of the exercise was to NOT appear to be barbarians....

for sure, i understand the political stance.I spose we were tryin to show them we meant business in a nice way not to upset our "humane" fellow earthlings, and yet the allies are still to this day condemned for our actions for what we did to their people 2 years after this incident. so the sayin "pussy footin around gets ya nowhere" still stands in my eyes.  after what those bastards did to our troops..in my mind, they can burn for eternity and i have no remorse for thinkin so.

end of my input.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 6:52am
Same here, my Dad fought the Japs in WW2 and would not go to a play my Neice was in (sort of why were we so bad to the Japanese people type tree huger play and appolagie...) you could not explain to her why he would not go, she never did understand what was going on in his mind, he wouldnt even go see "Saving private ryan" when it came out, said it would bring up to many memories that he had worked for so many years to forget.
Not to mention if Mom would cook rice, she would get it stuffed in her face and the hell beat out of her for putting Jap food on His table for him to eat. He did liberate some P.O.W.s on one of the Islands he fought on. and to eat rice to him was one of those triggers for the Deamons to come forth.  Now Mom being Cajun, Well she got her but kicked many times for cooking Rice. Telling a Cajun that you cant eat Rice is like telling a Drunk he cant have another beer, its a staple that your brought up with in Louisianna.
But the thing that gets me is , We as the country that did not start the war! are expected to Appoligize for what we had to do to win it! It Chaps My...... that that mentality is what our solders have to deal with when Our Country sends them off to a war! TAKE THIS RIFLE ... GO TO THIS FORIEGN LAND TO HELP THESE POOR PEOPLE BUT BE NICE TO THE BAD GUYS. it is insaine that some one thinks you can have a nice clean WAR, I'm stopping right now im getting ticked off.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 12:58pm
You speakest ,the Truth WR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hug All a bloke wants to do on his Tour is get the Job done & come home ! That includes any means avalibe & then some idiot says to you ah there are rules of engaugement ! Shame they never tell the other side that ! That's all I have to add

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 5:37pm
My parents went to borneo a few years back and they saw a former japanese POW camp at sandakan, now a Museum.

There was this jap bloke sittting there looking shattered because he had no idea what went on, that particular part of history from WW2 is conviently glossed over in Japanese history text books.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 6:22am
I understand the Koreans & the Chineese are taking the Japaneese to task on this very issue.
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 8:43am
Oh yea! isnt that convenient they and just about any other country that has started somthing in the past all of a sudden has THEIR OWN RECOLECTION OF THE PAST EVENTS. well i guess we as americans cant say much there. look at the civil war, and what we are taught it all started over and then read the book " The South Was Right" cant remember the author,sorry and you relize history is changed to suit who is in charge at the time..... and i can go on and on and on.....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 1:33pm
WR:
Remember...history is ALWAYS written by the victors - & Hollywood.
The victors to absolve themselves, & Hollywood to sell it.
Consider this...the Allies committed atrocities, too(But we won so it's a moot point).Ya never hear what WE did wrong.
&...the other guy was told he was fighting fer his home & hearth, too.He loved & was loved by some, too.
If - given any other circumstance they met - they could have bin great mates!
Damn politicians!!
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic