Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best military rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best military rifle
    Posted: July 06 2006 at 8:56pm

you got me on the spot dave..ill have to find out about deer regs for my own records..truthfully, ive never stumbled upon deer on the highlands property i hunt here so its never crossed my mind that there'd be controls on them.

Edited by allan - July 06 2006 at 8:57pm
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Struth any chance of a pop at the fallows? You pay good money here to get stalking.

Every chance we get round here ! THere are several wild herds round SA & although I belive that in the Eastern States there are controls in place for Deer hunting. I'm sure Allan could help out here ? It's a bit like Camels over here their Bloody Feral & although there's big money in live export . They areclassed as Feral & only a normal hunting permit is needed to shoot the Damn things& as there is a estemated 700,000 roaming around there is no  season ! Though the average hunter will never see oneor make the mistake of going through a outfitter  to shoot one & pay several thousand dollars for the priverlage !

Dave
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:49am
Hey Dave, Had one Emu eat some top water bass baits, kinda wonderd why he was bleeding from both ends, The one we got left, we call him dum dum.
I had them eat a half of a 5 gal. bucket of crawfish one time. and we had a couple
that would wait by the waters edge for the fish food to floot close enough for them to get.
 The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 12:45am
Struth any chance of a pop at the fallows? You pay good money here to get stalking.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

You were ok then Dave!! The emus wouldn't attack a heathen

My Oath I was Ok ! That's why God created little Brothers! They can run like a whippet with a Daddy Emu chasing them !

We had the same thing happen over here with both Ostich & Deer Farming (about 30,000 for breeding Pairs) then as everybody got into the market it went a burton! We have a Herd of wild Fallow deer in the hills  due to a Farmer going bust & just relased them! They are classed as a Feral animal in SA & are shot out of Hand ! Mohair Goats were also the rage for several years same thing happened though!  Ems have a nasty habit of trying to eat  anything that takes their fancey ! Some frends of ours had a Pet emu by the name of Gus & he once came close to being  sent  to the big Paddock in the sky after he tore off & swallowed several  buttons of a very expensive Jacket my Mum had just brought!

Dave
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 1:05am
You were ok then Dave!! The emus wouldn't attack a heathen
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:17am
Yea same over here with the Emu farming every one put their money into the breeding and slaughtering but no one put the meet out to the publice to try
so it went bust when the breeder market got saturated,Emus were going for $10,000 to upwards as much as $20,000 a peice the high end being the ones that laid more eggs than normal,  I had 12 of them at one time ,man talk about tear the naighbors
dog up! they were great come Deer season when the hunting clubs dogs came on my property, the emus would tear them up,the ones that got away never did come back.
I told my wife we should feed them wearing hunter orange so they would go after the trespassers in the back. they would run you over for a white plastic bucket,them the
horses, goats, cows, and sheep. man i could not pick up a bucket around hear with out gettin/causing a stampead. we still have one emu left he has run of the pasture.
he kinda sneaks up on ya when im out shooting on my range,or he will dump my ammo out and try to eat it gotta watch him he will try to eat any thing odd.
The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Well Dave,
This Rifle has about a  1 and 1/8th inch counter bore in the muzzele its an M38 Rusian Nagant Rifle that i just bought. so what do you think? I havent fired it yet, so i dont know if its accurate or not.  it is a rearsanaled job from J&G sales. it lookes pretty good other than the mag bottom cover is forced matched. and very bad machining marks on the reciever. Well Dave hows the roo stew coming? I have eaten some Emu stew before and have jerkeyed it to, fried and Bar-B-Qued it to,
it was pretty good. not much there for the effort though especially if you have to
feed the critters. they eat as much as a cow in one year. its cheaper to raise the cow
or steer for slauter. in my opinoin. what have you  to say on this ?????
The"White Rhino"

I would say at a guess the M38 you've brought had a worn muzzle & instead of cutting off the end of the muzzle & then recrowning it . This methord has been used!  Now without seeing the actual rifle I would'nt be able to tell if it was done by a comptant gunsmith or if it has been done by a "Backyarder " ! THe only way your going to find out how she shoots is to try it out!  If all else fails  just cut that section off  & get the muzzle recrowned  (helpfull hint just have a look down the muzzle & check to see that they've removed all the worn section of rifleing )
       The only timeI have ever eaten EMU was as a Kid when Dad used to get a young one & Mum would cook it slowly for about 10 hrs in the oven ! Never did much for me then ! Mum also used to get us to be on the look out for eggs (one  Emu Egg =8 Chcken eggs ) She used to make the Nicest Spounge cakes you've ever eatern! Of course she never seemed to worry that she was sending us Kids to face a certain Death getting said eggs away from the Father Bird !!!!!! Talk about throwing Christens to the lions Emu Farming was becoming a big thing over here ,but I've heard very little of it in recent years.

Dave 
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:51am

bevy...beverage=beer...

mmmmm i got the taste now.

'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:33am
Hoadie we sat my boy up on one of the Emu's and hit his but to send him on his way ,......... Well the boy did a back role to the ground ! and i became the biggest a$$ hole in the world that day. even though i had already taken that trophy years ago, I had to accept it again. its an inherited thing from Mommas side of the famaly....
Ya know her side ??? was Muderers,,,,theives,,,,, AND Bootleggers!!!!!!! really Im not joking about that . My Dads side is more respectfull, More history that actually means some thing. It is really ,,,And really close to you ... Look In New York!!! (Old Flat Bush Area) a House. Look for the first and middel name ( Peter Clausen ............) and my last name. also if i would tell you my grandmothers name you would take that one back to a presadent that fought the British at the Battle of New Orleans.,,
then on to the the other side of the Pond to some one named Charles.,.,.,.,.,  Ive got the later part on disc hear at the house, my sister just gave it to me at my Neices wedding so i only glanced at it when i got home. but -- Yeuup there is some stuff in there about P... Charles and something about confinement and a tower.........
so maybe i will let you see it one day, Hey ya still coming down hear to show me how to shoot these Enfields? and what in the world is a Bevy?(A GROUP OF FINE YOUNG LADYS????) I hope ...
The "White Rhino"

Edited by White Rhino - July 01 2006 at 7:35am
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 5:24am
Oh - almost forgot...maybe you can train 'em to let ya ride 'em.Can you imagine the family goin to town to do the shopping, riding on Osteriches?! (OsterI?)
Be quite a sight!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 5:22am
Raise osterich, white Rhino.The meat is better, has 0 cholestrol & 0 fat, great yield, feathers are saleable to custom automotive paint shops, & the manure is saleable, too.(& the eggs are AWESOME!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:47am
Well Dave,
This Rifle has about a  1 and 1/8th inch counter bore in the muzzele its an M38 Rusian Nagant Rifle that i just bought. so what do you think? I havent fired it yet, so i dont know if its accurate or not.  it is a rearsanaled job from J&G sales. it lookes pretty good other than the mag bottom cover is forced matched. and very bad machining marks on the reciever. Well Dave hows the roo stew coming? I have eaten some Emu stew before and have jerkeyed it to, fried and Bar-B-Qued it to,
it was pretty good. not much there for the effort though especially if you have to
feed the critters. they eat as much as a cow in one year. its cheaper to raise the cow
or steer for slauter. in my opinoin. what have you  to say on this ?????
The"White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

?????? has any one ever seen a rifle that has a counter bored muzzel??????
         & ;nbs p;        &nbs p;&nbs p;       &nbs p; &nbs p;      &nbs p;  &nbs p;      Th e "White Rhino"

Ive seen several examples of this over the years starting with what could be called extreme Crowning jobs of about 1/4 of a inch into the muzzle through to the first inch or so of a worn muzzle being counter bored . Now several of these were very well done & some of the others ? Well ...................A determened man with a demtral tool or Drill bit can do.........Well really horrible things to a rifle or hand gun

Dave
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 7:51am
?????? has any one ever seen a rifle that has a counter bored muzzel??????
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;      The "White Rhino"
"White Rhino"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:03pm
Ok You Blokes! I'm standng faceing Her (I think....as I Have a Blind fold on ) I'm just finnishing my Last Smoke !!!! Here Goes .....................................There I've done it & said it ! & I've survived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jeeze I'm glad she had her walkman Earphones in & can't read lips )

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic