Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shaken and Stirred

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackAck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaken and Stirred
    Posted: October 06 2013 at 10:38pm
Forgive the obvious pun, but it is a hint to my latest purchase: a Martini Enfield.  The smith said it was safe to shoot and worth more than I paid for it.  Photographs to follow..

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 12:33am
When My Wife got Mine for me for Christmas , She gave me a Bottle of Martini mix ...LOL!! I was like WTH !!!  And then She gave me the Rifle ...She said Her Boss came up with the joke , Since he got to check the Martini Enfield out when She ordered it for me ! LOL!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 1:12am
She sounds like a keeper for sure.

Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

When My Wife got Mine for me for Christmas , She gave me a Bottle of Martini mix ...LOL!! I was like WTH !!!  And then She gave me the Rifle ...She said Her Boss came up with the joke , Since he got to check the Martini Enfield out when She ordered it for me ! LOL!!!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 2:35am
I have kept her for 24 years so far !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 2:41am
LOL, you mean she has kept you for 24 years, LOL. You are a lucky man.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 2:55am
Mine has kept me in line for going on 32 years.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 4:41am
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

I have kept her for 24 years so far !!

I don't think so, Rhino!
Its more like SHE kept YOU!
If it wasn't for Lisa..left to your own devices...you wouldn't be here NOW!
So..just WHO kept WHOM?
(A "keeper" for SURE!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 5:54am
LOL!!!!
"White Rhino"

BlackAck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackAck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 9:44pm
As wonderful and understanding as our respective wives and girlfriends are, here are some photographs of the Martini.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 8:41am
wonderful piece , 
BlackAck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackAck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 9:32pm
And I think it was you A square that said "Welcome to the forums...you'll buy another Enfield.  Trust me..." 

I think it's all your fault Wink
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 2:09am
Heck, we are all a bunch of enablers around here, BlackAck LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 8:41am
More like trouble makers is more like it.

Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

Heck, we are all a bunch of enablers around here, BlackAck LOL
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 4:41pm
From what's visible of the wood it looks to be in fine shape.
The Stock cartouches are sharp and well defined.

The Martini is another development of an American invention. The origin of the design was the Peabody rifle. The Peabody used an external hammer.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 5:25am
I couldn't resist
If you don't ad atleast a little vermouth it can't be a Martini
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 8:32am
That was one bad joke.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic