Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

303 plastic tip riot control ammo FN in 52

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 303 plastic tip riot control ammo FN in 52
    Posted: November 03 2013 at 11:43pm
Has anyone tried any of the 303 sec plastic tip riot control ammo (FN in 52)?

I have a few boxes and I want to take a newbie shooting with it.

Thanks,

Ed

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 1:38am
never seen any - post a photo before you shoot it all up , 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 2:46am
Looks just lik this stuff.

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?45232-Wts-303-sec-plastic-tip-riot-control-ammo&highlight=plastic+riot+control+ammo
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 4:28am
You have to be logged in over there to see the images.Cry Is this the stuff?

Sorry about the dinky little pic. Its all I can find.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 5:22am
No it is clear plastic , about 15 mm long, with a slightly rounded tip.

Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

You have to be logged in over there to see the images.Cry Is this the stuff?

Sorry about the dinky little pic. Its all I can find.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 6:50am
I don't know how much powder is in those plastic riot control rounds, but they must still sting like the devil if one gets hit by one!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 7:06am
wont that plastic line your bore like the wadds of shotgun she!!s do ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 11:18pm
Good point, I do not know.

It is a hard plastics with just a little give if you push on it.

Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

wont that plastic line your bore like the wadds of shotgun she!!s do ?
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 11:52pm
I got some of the Blue plastic rounds for 7.62x51 NATO , An old Buddy of Mine that bought one of my .308 rifles ..Falls into giggling fits after shooting a few rounds of them because of no recoil !!!! He calls them Smurf bullets !!!!  LOL!!
I have never seen any for .303 though , but that would be interesting !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 12:03am
My Brother - in - law shoots the blue Smurf bullets in a 7.7 just for fun.

Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

I got some of the Blue plastic rounds for 7.62x51 NATO , An old Buddy of Mine that bought one of my .308 rifles ..Falls into giggling fits after shooting a few rounds of them because of no recoil !!!! He calls them Smurf bullets !!!!  LOL!!
I have never seen any for .303 though , but that would be interesting !!!
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 1:26am
Some of the plastic bodied 7.62 NATO rounds, metal base with molded plastic body with bullet molded along with the body to break lose when fired, are as deadly as a .357 hollow point at close range and will shoot through an automobile fender.

The plastic bullet ammo seems to be a evolution of the gallery and guard cartridges of the WW1 era.
Those used lightweight soft lead bullets with a muzzle velocity (.30-06) of around 1100 fps.
The bullet would deform or spatter if it hit something solid, reducing probability of ricochets .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 1:58am
I will give them a try and see how they work.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 4:45am
I also have 6.5x55 Swedish rounds that are made of wood!!  They disintegrate at about 10 to 15 yards from the muzzle when shot ...Looks like 22 rat shot when you fire them at a card board box !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 11:13am
Still sounds like it would hurt if you hit someone.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 11:58am
Oh Paddy , That would mean a lot of Splinters to remove !!!!
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 2:05pm
a local group have been working on developing a plastic cartridge 9mm/45acp/40s&w , check out liberty ammo .....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic