Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions > Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can we add "sporters" to the 'after market header'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can we add "sporters" to the 'after market header'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can we add "sporters" to the 'after market header'
    Posted: January 16 2014 at 8:47pm
Rottie!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 10:44am
ya - that happened to me back in 1971 , doubt they will trouble with a repeat performance 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 5:38am
As a "Jihadist Pastafarian" follower of the FSM that's pretty unlikely!Sick

R'Amen.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 1:53am
Sacrilige!!! You lot should be excomunicated!
  Rottie the Pope 1
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 11:40pm
No problem. Its all up to Eric who I think is the only one who can do this anyway. At least we've given him so me food for thought.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 7:10am
i agree , i thought i was clearer in my first post , i was suggesting aftermarket sporters be added to that forum [.."but it seems to me that the "enfield rifles" forum should be for the "original"  military and commercial rifles"..] i did mean to include the original lee speeds etc , 

but as you state "it is harder than it looks at first glance" , 

in the end i don't want to eliminate any discussions , i was hoping to clarify where best to present them for the most interest and sincere input , 

in the end - i want everything enfield [including bubbas best efforts] to be openly and civilly discussed , i was hoping to offer direction for the best discussions ,    
flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 5:49am
I agree, it's not possible to be absolutely correct in any of this.
Life is full of possibilities, 50% of them are likely to good....
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 5:47am
Its actually harder than it looks at a first glance to get 100% accurate headers. For example is a PH a sporter or an original, but non-military?
How about a civilian commercial BSA No1 Mk3 is that a sporter in military form or something else?

There are just so many possibilities its difficult to be specific enough with so many variations possible.
flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 3:12am
My No4 is a Parker Hale sporter. I think the post war commercial use of military surplus Lee Enfields is just as much part of the Lee Enfield story as anything else. I see someone posting about Gibbs Summit rifles just now, these are really cool and it's great to see old actions being used.

It would be good to a have a heading in the forum for these sort of things, it's not at all the same as condoning some of the dreadful "bubba" rifles that are out there.

I should say I like the milspec rifles very much, I currently have 1938 Mauser 98 and hope to have a No 5 rifle too.
Life is full of possibilities, 50% of them are likely to good....
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 1:21am
sorry to hear that muffet , i was unaware of it , 

yes shamu , that was my intended suggestion , for clarity of intended use , it also allows one to bypass things that they have less interest in , 

i realize it wont stop some overlap and most of us are fine with that i think , it will just offer a clear path for new folks to get the best answers and maximum interest in what they are presenting , 

i know some come here with their sported rifle not realizing its sported and have no intent to eliminate them from the discussions or anyone else for that matter , hope my intent is clear , if not .... i will be happy to answer questions , 

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 10:40pm
That would work nicely
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 9:36pm
That's something (I think) only Eric can do.
Just for the record this isn't what was discussed before. Changing the title to a forum to make it clearer is one thing, but adding a whole new forum (the original idea) is a bit different.

Maybe rename the forums:
"Original military Enfields"
&
"Sporterised & aftermarket rifles"

Of course that won't stop people from posting in the opposite forum.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by muffett.2008 muffett.2008 wrote:

Tried that A Square, got my posterior soundly kicked by all and sundry.Ermm

You mean there was a "butt-kickin" goin on and I missed it?! Dang! I miss out on ALL the fun round here!
Any chance I can get a second chance?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
muffett.2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 5:47pm
Tried that A Square, got my posterior soundly kicked by all and sundry.Ermm
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 2:50pm
it would move those posts from the "enfield rifles" forum which is getting cluttered with those posts , if im out of line i apoligize , but it seems to me that the "enfield rifles" forum should be for the "original"  military and commercial rifles , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic