Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going for Boar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 9:28am
Me too, and it helps to know what hight your rifle will shoot at 100 yrds and adjust your sights to it...
Had a customer sight his in in the shop. and then go on the range to check it out!!! LOL!!! We thought he knew what he was doing !!!! LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 9:44am
I use mine for iron sights as well. They get you in the 'ballpark' so to speak, then fire about 20 rounds to get your mojo going and you should be good to go. We ALWAYS laser bore sight our scoped rifles after camp has been made. We start with 50 yards bore sights, then move on to live fire sighting. Good to go after that, never had any issues. The rest is up to the shooter.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 4:27am
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 5:19am
You have to be utterly nutz to hunt boar with that!Shocked
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 12:36pm
What?? We have guys down here that hunt them with a Bowie Knife!!!  had one guy I worked with , Drowned one while wrestling it down and he ended up in the water!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 10:02pm
I rest my cased!LOL
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I rest my cased!LOL

Shamu , This guy Im talking about will leave the Job Sight when his Meds get Low !!
"White Rhino"

25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2014 at 4:04am
The "Pig Sticker" bayonet that some of us have on our Enfield Rifles gets it's name from just such a spear traditionally used to hunt boar.  Often from horseback.
I am sure some of the lads from across the pond would know more about it.
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 2:29am
Just don't go for "Boer".
Pro Deo et Patria
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 3:15am
Totally different breed.Evil Smile
ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Totally different breed.Evil Smile

Yep.
The Brits found that out.   
...and the Angolans and the Cubans and the.....
Pro Deo et Patria
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 6:12am
Good news for we hunters here in British Columbia!!! The provincial government has opened up the whole province for feral hog hunting! No tag needed, just a valid and current hunting license! Lock and load, another moving target for the Lee Enfields to dispatch.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 10:03am
WHERE T.F. is "The Western Slope"?!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 10:20am
Hoadie, there are so many western slopes because of all the mountains around here but the area of my deer camp is on the western slope of several smaller mountains and in a large and very deep valley. The sun obviously rises in the east and sets in the west so a western slope of any mountain would be where the early rising deer come down to drink from the creeks and rivers. Did you have a certain 'western slope' you were wondering about? I may be able to nail down where you are talking about.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 8:37pm
That's OK-we know your in Surrey.
Ikesdad lists his location as "Thae west Slope"
Hoadie
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 1:39am
so..i ASK AGAIN..wHERE t.f. IS "The West Slope"?
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic