Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been a little while

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been a little while
    Posted: April 05 2014 at 11:49pm
I recently picked some .303 up at a gunshow and was wondering if you guys could let me know what I have. I wanna know if I should shoot it or keep it? Very clean looking and has a cupro nickel jacket.

I have a 100 rounds of the POF stuff so I've been using that. My raggedy No5 seems to like the POF stuff a lot.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 12:00am
1943 Kynoch, GII might be tracer?

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Eggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 12:44am
Yep Tracer G11 introduced 1937
Devout Yorkshireman
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 1:44am
Wait for rain before firing!Clown
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Target View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:48am
Oh neat, so I have a box of fire starters. Should I shoot em or hang onto em?

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 1:47am
Shot a few when the area is wet, like after a rainstorm. They may not even light after all this time.

What's the worst that could happen? Just a small grassfire!Confused
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 7:36am
yup - let it rain first , couple yahoos set fire to our range during the dry season with some older tracers , they lit but didn't burn like you would expect - kinda a smolder that worked on the the dead dry stuff when they weren't looking , 

fire department wasnt real impressed one of them was a volunteer fireman from another town , 
Target View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 1:53am
I guess I'll just hang into these for a... rainy day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic