Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The year ain't startin' out very good.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The year ain't startin' out very good.
    Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:54pm
Crashed my truck.  I realy liked that truck.  Got in a head on crash at 70MPH  Smashed the whole drivers side of the grill out.  The front driver's side tire was just gone. The front fender was peeled back like the skin on a banana.  It just smashed the hell out of the driver's door.  Yesterday morning I went and looked at it in the daylight.  It finaly sunk in how close of a brush with death I had.  Father said that in his 30 years of driving he had never seen a vehicle wrecked that bad. 
I've seen the future and I don't like it.
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:58pm
Sorry to hear that, Main thing is that you were not hurt.
Hope you get another truck that you like.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by shotgunminister shotgunminister wrote:

Crashed my truck.  I realy liked that truck.  Got in a head on crash at 70MPH  Smashed the whole drivers side of the grill out.  The front driver's side tire was just gone. The front fender was peeled back like the skin on a banana.  It just smashed the hell out of the driver's door.  Yesterday morning I went and looked at it in the daylight.  It finaly sunk in how close of a brush with death I had.  Father said that in his 30 years of driving he had never seen a vehicle wrecked that bad. 

Well you walked away so maybe you are having a good year

CM
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 12:32am
Sorry to hear bout ur old truck, mate.Good thing ya had a FULL FRAME (Ford) truck!!Try THAT with an import!!(They usually dont have a FULL frame & when they do - they're not "full box".
U were able to walk away unhurt...It don't get any better than that!
Hoadie

(P.S: What did ya hit?)
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 6:33am
Man SGM> good thing your allright, you can replace the truck but we cant replace you. sorry about the loss of your vehicle Bud.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 7:29am
Any way SGM look at the bright side, Now you can get a toyota. Big%20smile
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 8:05am
good to here ya walked away mate...sometimes people arent so lucky..id go buy a lotto ticket..and a toyotaLOL
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
shotgunminister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 10:03am
I went and looked at it again today.  Wasn't as bad as I had thought.  Just royally screwwed up the front suspension.  Ain't worth it to fix it.  I hit a compact car. It's realy compact now.  Smashed the entire front end out of it.  The hood was on the windshield.
I've seen the future and I don't like it.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by allan allan wrote:

good to here ya walked away mate...sometimes people arent so lucky..id go buy a lotto ticket..and a toyota[IMG]http://www.enfield-rifles.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="18" width="18" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />

When ya buy the TOY-ota, be sure to take it somewhere to have a REAL frame put under it.(Come to think of it-that would get expensive!) Better just get another 300 c.i. Ford, mate!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 2:18pm
Yeah hoadies right, dont go for one of them city cars. Get a landcruiser they got a chassis and will drive all over a ford.  LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 2:48pm
Mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God your alright !Smile As the boys have pointed out ,truck can be replaced .....People Can't !

As a Kamikarzie pilot once said to me ....Any crash you can walk away from is a good one !  Think of it as a learning experiance.

Dave
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 2:30am
I'd say your year is starting bloody well. Cars can be replaced mate you weren't hurt apart from a bad scare. Glad you walked away from it mate . Look on the bright side if its the other drivers fault you can claim compensation and buy a whole raft of enfields with the money. Wink
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic