Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of Lundy's Lane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 10:26am
The way congress is today, please gather up your fellow Canadians and burn the Capital and the White house again! As far as Detroit goes, they need all the help they can get. Maybe you maple leaf types can make a better job of it.Hug
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their planet!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 9:07pm
That's why the great Lakes exist, to keep Detroit from bordering Canada!Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 9:28pm
Personally, I'd like to dig a big canal around Toronto & let it drift across the lake to New York state.(Then our biggest problems here would be over! )
When Rhino &Lisa were here, he sat on the battlefield @ Queenston Hieghts, & drank Canada Dry!!(Well, he tried, anyway ). We took in Ft.George (the one they named after me), but its a shame we didn't go stateside to tour Ft.Niagara.Oh well - maybe next time.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Personally, I'd like to dig a big canal around Toronto & let it drift across the lake to New York state.(Then our biggest problems here would be over! )
When Rhino &Lisa were here, he sat on the battlefield @ Queenston Hieghts, & drank Canada Dry!!(Well, he tried, anyway ). We took in Ft.George (the one they named after me), but its a shame we didn't go stateside to tour Ft.Niagara.Oh well - maybe next time.
Hoadie

he!! We will be back up there Buddy!!!! I had a great time!! Lisa too!!!  and if things go like it looks I will drag Boogies but with us !!! LOL!! He is talking about staying permanent in Pennsylvania, They said he could keep his Per Diem !!
So if it comes to that, then We will head up there visit him and drag him over the boarder with us!!!LOL!!
Of course he will have to get his pass port !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 12:22pm
Oh no! Yer gonna make a "YANK" out of him?!
Tell you what..his first winter there will change his view REAL quick
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 8:48pm
Yup there are 2 seasons in upstate NY.
Winter & July 4th.Shocked
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 11:54pm
And twenty minutes of spring.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Oh no! Yer gonna make a "YANK" out of him?!
Tell you what..his first winter there will change his view REAL quick
Hoadie

Yep, Thats what a lot of people are telling him!!  But the Boy has a lot of the Plaisance in him!! He is just as Bull Headed as Lisa's Family !! Her Mothers side !! Her Fathers side the Gisclairs are more down to earth with their thinking ...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 10:19am
i think taking canada in 1812 would only have resulted in us dealing with those pesky french speakes in quebec - not something i think we might enjoy - after all they think they are independent and free to do as they please .............imagine that 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 11:46am
Well, a lot of 'em ended up in Louisiana after the battle on the Plains of Abraham. France wouldn't take the Acadians back...so they went south to LA & you ended up with "CAJUNS". Fancy that..
Hoadie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 3:33am
Is that where white rhino came from?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 4:39am
Naw...the Plains of Abraham were fought a little before his time.
Its been said that he's older than dirt...but he's still not old enuf to have been involved @ Quebec
Hoadie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 5:32am
I guess WH is as old as the hills.

Does anyone know how White Rhino is doing?

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 5:45am
Hes back out on the rig. Methinks he's headed home tomorrow
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 8:00am
That's good to hear we were concerned about his ribs.
Possibly more than he was!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 8:19am
He missed some time @ work. He cracked a couple o' ribs. He was sayin he has pain above his right hip. Thinking he may have done more damage. Guess time will tell.
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic