Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dire warning from the PRK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dire warning from the PRK
    Posted: January 11 2007 at 9:57am
Thought the members up north would enjoy seeing what constitutes an emergency to the lefty namby-pambies that run this state:

SACRAMENTO . In response to forecasts for unusually cold
temperatures throughout much of California in the coming days,
officials with the Governor�..s Office of Emergency Services (OES)
and the California Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) today
urged Californians to prepare themselves, their family members, and
their animals for the possible effects of the inclement weather.

The National Weather Service has reported to OES that temperatures
will drop into the 20 and 30s Wednesday night into Thursday, followed
by daytime temperatures in the mid 40s in most areas. On Friday and
into the weekend, temperatures will drop further, reaching the high
teens to low 20s in most areas at night, and continued daytime lows
in the mid 40s.

Exposure to extreme cold can be dangerous to your health,.. said
Dr. Mark Horton, State Public Health Officer. ..To protect yourself
in extremely cold weather remember to wear several layers of
clothing, travel with caution and be alert for the symptoms of
exposure.

The high twenties!! Oh my gosh, there might be ice on the lawn!!

Ed

Ranger-366 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 1:01pm
Boy we better get together a blanket and coat drive to send down the pacific coast to our poor neighbors to the south.  Wow try 30-40 MPH sustained winds w/ gusts @ 80+ followed by  5-7 inches of snow followed by higs in th 20's.  Well got to love the Pac NW!!  The best was watching shopping carts racing in the wind accross the costco parking lot running into cars!LOL Enjoy the cool snap and a frekey winter.

Ranger-366 
shotgunminister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 1:24pm
Gee I better just hunker down.....  The windchill is going to be pushing 30 below by day break....  The cry baby leftists....
I've seen the future and I don't like it.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 2:36pm
If THATS extreme winter weayher...HOLY CRAP!Wrap it up! I'll take it!!! oh - think they can throw in some sunscreen fer the Husky, too?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 4:36pm
Exposure to extreme cold can be dangerous to your health,.. said
Dr. Mark Horton, State Public Health Officer. ..To protect yourself
in extremely cold weather remember to wear several layers of
clothing, travel with caution and be alert for the symptoms of
exposure.

WOW! I can see why this blokes a doctor ! Hell he worked all that out by himsel
f

Dave
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 9:44pm
holy sh*te call out the national guard ,

it was -5 here this morning , guess i dont feel sorry for them

what the hello is AL GORE going to do about this ? he is the great weather control proponent isnt he ? MORE PROOF OF GLOBAL WARMING
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 1:05am
Wed night it was 19 F while I was working.we can't wear gloves cause we gotta write & peel little stickers & place throughout the vehicle.Management wouldn't let the transfer drivers leave the cars running for us so they'd be warmer. Our American management said it contributes to "Global warming" (They said this from they're office on 2nd floor).When he came out to give us sh&t for slow performance, he suggested the cars should be left running for us-"cause it was far too cold to expect us to do our duties under these conditions"
Maybe we should move the plant to Calif.
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 6:28am
Ah yes! from the office. know that very well. but it does get boring in their some times.  NOT! its warm and i've done my time in the cold and rain and heat! I'm riding this one till they drag me out screaming!!!!!!!Pig
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
shotgunminister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shotgunminister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 8:34am
It made the predictions and them some.  Windchill is 50 below and falling up north. 
I've seen the future and I don't like it.
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 9:39am
Well, I must be tough, I made it to work and back today in a flannel shirt with no jacket! Surprised I didn't get a ticket or something for risking my life.

Hang in there Shotgunminister, and remember the medical advice, "dress in layers"!

Ed
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 9:57am
Hoadie, are you back with uncle Henry again?? 
Ed
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 2:22pm
Yeah - bin wurkin on Henry's farm agin, since 2 weeks afore Christmas.He's tryin ta stuff all the overtime he can down our gulletts, too.Wanted me there 12 hours every night this week.(I told him to get stuffed) But he kept me 1/2 hour OT every night & its mandatory Sat, as well.Bin shippin alot of cars to southern states last couple nights - but tonight seems were back to Switzerland(?) Kuwait, &....a whole wack goin ta California.San Fran, Pumona, LA, Sacremento etc...its a living....
Hoadie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic