Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Pistols
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield No2 Mk1*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzzyDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enfield No2 Mk1*
    Posted: October 11 2014 at 5:45pm
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 6:18pm
Nice! I have one as well (1939). What year is yours'? How about makers' marks? I see you are lucky to have the lanyard ring, those are often missing. If you need a lanyard they are available. These are fun guns to shoot. Neat original ammo box, I haven't seen that before.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 6:54pm
Very cool and great ammo box.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
OzzyDavid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzzyDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 12:13am
Right hand side
      ENFIELD
        over
No2 Cypher Mk1*

Left hand side
3 1/2 TONS

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 9:45am
I can't make out if there is a bullet weight stamped on those boxes? I do see MkII and they are FMJ's (145 grain?). I don't think I would try firing them with that much corrosion though but they are neat to have. They could clean up with some work though. How does the inside of the barrel look?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
OzzyDavid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzzyDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 12:09pm
Inside the barrel looks like it was made yesterday.. It was only as I was taking the pictures that the lid came off the box, I was disappointed to see all that corrosion. The other box is still fully sealed but the would be the same I guess
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 12:12pm
nice , i have a few 'display' cartriges for mine but no box ....yet 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 6:47pm
i think its seen a little rework , those mkIII bakelite grip scales with the brass disc date from 1942-1945 , 

if indeed a 1940 revolver she would have originally worn the mkII reeded walnut scales with brass disc - same contours just wood rather than plastic , 

i dont have an example of that one any more , but its very similar to what you have and my earlier one without the disc 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic