Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man, now I’m really PO’d!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man, now I’m really PO’d!!
    Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:20am

The shoot i was having this weekend is on the verge of being a dud.  I ordered .303 ammo nearly 2 weeks ago.  As of Friday it hadn't showed up.  I emailed the vendor and they promptly emailed me back stating the ammo was on backorder!  I emailed them back and said I would call on monday.  Well, I just got off the phone and they were LESS than helpful.  Nowhere on their web site does it state the ammo was on backorder and I never got an email stating it was on backorder. Their response was "well, sorry about that.".

Would anyone reading this possibly have any ammo they would be willing to sell to me?  I'll take anything at this point!   If you can spare any, please email me and I'll get payment out as soon as you tell me you can do it.

sorry to bug you all about this, but I have no alternatives at this point.

thanks,

Eric

303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 6:05am
Sorry about the shoot Eric, I only wish that we could send ammo your way. There is a few guys here that shoot military hardball ammo and would be glad to send a few rounds but the border thing makes it impossible to do so.
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 6:15am

Ya, I figured that much.  Thanks for the offer.  I have to say, I hate the border thing when it comes to Canada.  I would love to buy a lot of Enfield junk from Canada, but, I guess that's life!

thanks anyway,

Eric

5thelement View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5thelement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:23am
A bit off topic but....Eric I found the gun range and it was just what I needed, somewhat "crowded" at first, but 10 minutes in everyone left except for an old freindly guy shooting a 357mag lever action rifle for accuracy. and a guy bout my age with nothing but surplus weapons...garands, german luger, and yes an enfield. It was a no.5 carbine, pretty good shape. Even let me try several reloaded rounds a friend of his makes. All around a real good time. So today marks my first time shooting my enfield and I am all the more addicted!
303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:30am
Well now your hooked and will have to go out and buy more Enfields
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 11:13am
Hello the board! New guy, have had my Enfield 3 months, still working on the sights and getting a few bits. Also have a milsurp Mauser.

Eric, are you in the Sac area? Miwall reloaders are up in Grass Valley, I got their 180 grn reloads at the last gunshow for $9 a box. Shot OK, ( at least better than the 43 RG click.....bang! stuff. Could you contact them and see if anyone in town is carrying their ammo in 303?

Ed
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 11:41am

Ed, that's a great idea!  I was on their web site and was sent to some other site for purchasing their ammo, but I never thought to call them and see if anyone local was a reseller.  I'll do that first thing in the morning!

thanks a ton, and welcome to the board!

Eric

P.S. If you are around the Sacramento area, I am putting on a little shoot at the Lincoln rifle club on Satuday Feb. 11 @ 12:00 noon.  There will be around 20 people that have commited to showing up.  It's really just about introducing a bunch of people that have no idea about guns, or have heard all the BS political crap and want to know if it's true... Do guns really kill people?

Would love to see ya there.

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 12:09pm
Eric, is this the regular Lincoln gun club off the two lane past the pottery factory?
Haven't been there in years, Usually shoot at the Sac Valley Shooting Center (Folsom Gun Club).

Not sure about Sat. plans yet, will check with SWMBO.  What are the range fees at Lincoln?

Ed
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 12:20pm

I've never been to the Sac Valley Center.  Do they have a web site? 

Ya, it's the one off highway 65 just outside Lincoln.  The fees are 7.00 for anyone over the age of 13.  Under 13 is free.  Obviously, members are free too. I have been going there for 7 years and have never bothered to become a member.  I should probably look into it!

It would be great if you could make it.

Eric

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 12:33pm
Eric, I'll let you know Friday if I can get out. I'd encourage anyone in the area to go look at the Sac valley shooting center www.sacvalley.org. The range is out by Rancho Murietta, and is the premier range in the area. Trap, skeet, cowboy action, competition pistol, blackpowder and pistol and rifle ranges. Rifle competition range out to 1000 yds. I'm not yet a member but they're working on me!
Ed
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Ed Hill Ed Hill wrote:

Eric, I'll let you know Friday if I can get out. I'd encourage anyone in the area to go look at the Sac valley shooting center www.sacvalley.org. The range is out by Rancho Murietta, and is the premier range in the area. Trap, skeet, cowboy action, competition pistol, blackpowder and pistol and rifle ranges. Rifle competition range out to 1000 yds. I'm not yet a member but they're working on me!
Ed

Welcome to the site Ed . 1000 yrd range aye? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM just right for really putting a .303 to it's full potental ! Yes they will hit that far out quite comftably

Dave
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:53pm
Dave, thanks for the welcome! A little off topic, but we watched a blackpowder shoot at the 1000yd range last year. The shooters could fire, eject the cartridge, and blow tube a couple puffs before the bullet hit!

They do have military matches, I'll have to see if there is a spot for the Enfields!
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 1:42pm

Well, I tried to contact Miwall today.  They don't show a phone # on their web site, so I emailed them.... still no reply.

Eric

P.S.  Looks like I'm reloading 200-300 rds before saturday.  My little Lee single stage press is gonna get a workout!!!

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 10:26am
Eric, check your PM

Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic