Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stripper Clips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stripper Clips
    Posted: August 06 2015 at 12:26pm
Maybe an odd question, forgive me as I am new to these wonderful rifles.
I just got myself a 1917 SMLE and was looking for some stripper clips, are the ones for the No 4 fit the SMLE, are they all the same?

Thanks

Dave

Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 2:25pm
First, the proper nomenclature is "charger". Hoadie, one of the other members here, will be by eventually and seeing the title of your post may just give him an aneurysm. LOL    To answer your question, yes, the chargers used for the No 4 are the same ones used for the SMLE.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 4:07pm
Chargers is the correct term.

Stripper clips are the photos taken during lap dances.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 4:41pm
Hit the inside of the chargers with a fine steel wool and a bit of oil to smooth them out.  I find it makes them much easier to use.  I prefer this method of loading them, but it's not the only way.

For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 5:49pm
STRIPPERS!!!!??? Are you kidding me?!..& your in the UK..the "Mother Country", where our beloved toys were made? AARRGGH!
Wheres the moderators when we need them?
CHARGERS, laddie..Chargers.
Aye..I can see you & I are goin ta be great mates, now.
Anyway - welcome to the site Dave.
& yes..they fit. Would ya be needin one or two?
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 7:15pm
Welcome to the site, Dave! Hoadie, I'm proud of you as you let our new esteemed member off lightly! LOL Dave, if you have an eBay account these stripper...oops chargers are usually available on that site.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
DaveC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 1:03am
Ooooops, BIG apologies for getting that wrong, I did realise my mistake but I could not see how to edit my post.
Anyway, CHARGERS, is now installed into my brain and won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for the responses, I have seen loads on ebay, just was never sure if they would fit, now I know Big smile

Interesting links and information, thanks all again.

Dave
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 4:38am
I can send a few back with Frank Conelly in early Sept. He's coming to the cabin - from Blighty - to hunt bear
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 6:12am
There are actually several versions of the chargers. All are interchangeable.

If you can find them get the ones with the tear drop shaped dimples not the round ones. The rough parkerized (Italian IIRC) ones are the worst of all. The blued older ones are way, way better.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 8:36am
The Canadian ones are the best ones.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 8:38am
Chargers, Mk. I, II, III & IV.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 10:02am
Paddy.
How do you ID the Canadian ones?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
DaveC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

I can send a few back with Frank Conelly in early Sept. He's coming to the cabin - from Blighty - to hunt bear

Hi Hoadie,than is an extremely kind offer, I should be ok there are quite a few on ebay that are cheap enough.

But still, very kind offer,

thank you,

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Paddy.
How do you ID the Canadian ones?

In day of old,

Before the net was invented

I was given Canadian Chargers

And that how it was in the beginning.

What not to like, free chargers, (ammo to), Canadian made, and Enfields too.

Just when I was starting to shoot the Canadian ones in my opinion where /are the best.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 6:54pm
Hoadie,
Do I need to bring more chargers up there ?????  I was out in the shop today getting some things out the far reaches to bring up there !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2015 at 5:04am
I have SOME..could use an extra few, if ya got extry ones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic