Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any predictions for this time next year ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any predictions for this time next year ?
    Posted: October 25 2015 at 8:42pm
I predict another ammo/components/firearm shortage.
Probably worse than before. The manufacturers have not caught up from the last time.
Pro Deo et Patria
DairyFarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2015 at 11:26pm
We have been swamped with "cheap" (compared to other makes) ammo here the last few months. Mainly S&B. I've seen factory ammo that was cheaper than you can reload. Could be the components are getting price (supply and demand has pushed up prices). Hornady bullets have been hard to get hold of. Those that did have were putting 25% on top of regular price. CCI primers haver also been few and far between. S&B primers are a 1/3 the price.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 2:25am
You guys can keep that S&B crap..I want nothing to do with it..@ ANY price!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 4:24am
I've been trying out some Sellier Bellot orgives for my No1MkIII*. They are half the price of Sierra Matchkings, so I don't expect the same quality. But they are not that bad either! I'm getting good accuracy  with the softer load that I use in the no1. However I do weigh the orgives and put them in batches of similar weight; as the tolerance is bigger than SMK.
The copper jacket of these orgives is not fully closed at the base; leaving the lead visible. Not sure if that makes much difference! maybe helps the bumping up of the orgive into the barrel.
The price difference is handy too as I'm not wasting competition ammo just for fun!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 5:39am
..let us know if you ever run across one of their "indestructible" primers!
ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 8:04am
Personally, right now I don't care if it's S&B or XYZ, I'm going to start putting it away.
I don't want to get caught with very little like last time.
Pro Deo et Patria
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 10:03am
Well Hoadie , you better start using that boarder crossing and getting you cases of ammo !!!! before that yahoo stops that !!!!!
You should of let me bring some .303 up when I came up there in Aug. !! but Y'all do have a better selection of 303 on the shelves up there than we do !!!!
I do have a lot of HXP surplus of 303 .... couldnt resist when one of my old army buds was talking about the B grade ammo that he had just got!!  it looks great !! and it shoots great !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 12:37pm
..Rhino..I can buy 2 boxes of 7.62 X 39 for the price of 1 box of .303.
Guess what I'm building up? (Turns out I have over 100 rnds of .303, anyway.)
Should be looking for some 6.5X55 tho...just in case
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..Rhino..I can buy 2 boxes of 7.62 X 39 for the price of 1 box of .303.
Guess what I'm building up? (Turns out I have over 100 rnds of .303, anyway.)
Should be looking for some 6.5X55 tho...just in case

Get you a case state side !!!  and as for the 6,5x55 Last I seen was from Samco Global, and they are out !!! That was MilSurp....
Now I can check the prices for you through one or two of my dealers if ya want me too!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 1:06pm
Civil unrest as President Clinton II & Veep Biden take orifice.Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 1:41pm
Trudeau - the younger - is going to sign onto the Arms treaty the world body has been pushing for...You can bet your sweet bippy this will not bode well
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 3:28pm
my crystal ball is still all cloudy - ill start that speculation after the real stuff begins in earnest 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 4:08pm
I hope your wrong, Hoadie!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 7:09pm
..he's already said it.
DairyFarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DairyFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 12:41am
I've been contemplating buying S&B primers just because the price is lower, but have got cold feet. CCI are my first choice followed by PMP (nice and hard) and then, shudder, Winchester. Winchesters are priced between CCI and S&B. So not too bad. PMP are similar, maybe a fraction more than, CCI.
CCI will always be my carry and hunting primer. The others are just for practice. 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 4:03am
I've not used SB primers, and I won't buy their cases either. Even the .22 ammo I tried in the No8 was the worst for accuracy!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic