Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trades are always nice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trades are always nice
    Posted: November 11 2015 at 5:17pm
So my neighbor called me up yesterday and said, "i heard you are into reloading, i have a lee single stage press and a few other items, im wondering if you want to trade for a half a cord of hardwood firewood" me having loads of wood and also a 22 acre wood lot was thrilled at the idea. so today he come over with his trailer and we filled it up.

so with the lee press hat looks to be brand new (its not though, because it has a she!! holder for his .270 he reloaded with it.) Either way, its in perfect shape
also came with a brand new never out of the box lee safety scale
brand new never out of the box lee hand primer  and a 60 round plastic ammo holder

aswell as all that there was a .177 brake barrel pellet gun from the 1950-1970ish. i need to find more about it. the only marking i see is "made in Hungry"

needless to say im very excited, and i was just talking about how i have a "wack-a-mole" reloading system now and how non ideal they are.,

time to buy 303 dies now.

enough typing here are the pics

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2015 at 5:25pm
I'd have to check but I was given a pellet gun that looks oh so similar and I think it says something about made in Hungary. I'll have to go check but it's raining buckets here and thre gun is in the shed.I seem to remember it is a parts rifle so if you need anything and if it is the same gun.....we can talk.

Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 6:57am
Congratulations.
Don't ditch the Whack-A-Mole even with a bench mounted press they have uses.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 3:41pm
Yeah thanks for the offer. i have it apart right now and the wax/bardboard is gone in it so it has no compression. not sure what to do about the seal, thinking maybe Cutting o-ring groves in the front end of the piston. or try and make a seal out of teflon instead of waxy stuff. also if it is the same gun and the price is right i would take the who thing off you as a parts gun just so i never have to worry about parts.

Thanks. and yeah i will keep my lee clasic loader. i never get rid of anything. i just keep getting more and more stuff haha.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 4:36pm
"I keep getting more and more stuff"...that my friend is the story of my life!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 5:38pm
i like it - never know when you might want to load a one off that gets rarely used - or that special hunting load you only need a few of each year , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic