Paris attacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paris attacked
    Posted: November 20 2015 at 12:21pm
Yet again:
I do not think all Muslims are terrorists, in the same way I don't think every person walking past my door is a burglar.
But I lock it anyway.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 12:20pm
Yes, Zed, the radicals need squashing.  No doubt about that.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 9:17am
Obviously the risk today is similar to the posed in Germany in the 1930's; where in that case the radicals were allowed to develop to a point of major conflict. I think we all agree that that cannot be allowed to happen this time around.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 6:39am
Very well put, Zed.

The trouble is, the militants are well armed over there, whereas the general population are rather poor people in many parts, (Thinking here N. Pakistan and the Khyber, where quite a lot of special Madrass schools were built to take those that the school -system had failed). Such schools  teach this militant strain of Islam.    It is hard for the local village folks to come against such organised and well -funded opposition.
  It is not easy to change this.
To tar all Moslems with the same brush, is to push them into the arms of the militants.
The Vast majority are good and honest people, suffering under extremists and not able to throw them off, without an awful lot of help.  Such help Should come from their own governments, with possibly our (Western) aid.
We in the West have proved ourselves unreliable allies, and that doesn't exactly fill anyone over there with confidence. 
We need common ground with the mainstream Moslem, and offering death threats to the entire population does not help build the required bridges. :-)

To give a bit of insight, I would like to share with you a speech made by the leading Mullah in N. Pakistan, Syed Abbas, on hearing of the 9/11 attacks in New York.
This speech was given at the inauguration of a new school, funded and built by Americans.

Here is what the Supreme Religious leader had to say;

"In the name of Allah Almighty, The Beneficient, the Merciful, Peace be unto you.
It is by fate that Allah the Almighty has brought us together in this hour.
Today is a day you children will remember forever and tell your children and grandchildren.  Today from the darkness of illiteracy, the light of education shines bright.
We share in the sorrow as people weep and suffer in America today as we inaugurate this school.
Those who have committed this this evil act, against the innocent, the women and children, to create thousands of widows and orphans do not do so in the name of Islam.
By the grace of Allah the Almighty, may justice be served upon them.
"For this tragedy, I humbly ask Mr George and Dr Greg Sahib for their forgiveness.  All of you, my brethren;  Protect and embrace these two American brothers in our midst.  Let no harm come to them.
Share all you have  to make their mission successful.
"These two Christian men have come halfway around the world to show our Moslem children the light of education.
Why have we not been able able to bring education to our children on our own?
Fathers and parents, I implore you to dedicate your full effort and commitment to see that all your children are educated.
Otherwise, they will merely graze like sheep in a field, at the mercy of nature and the world changing so terrifyingly around us"
"I request America to look into our hearts, and see that the great majority of us are not terrorists, but good and simple people.  Our land is stricken with poverty because we arew without education. But today, another candle of knowledge has been lit; In the name of Allah the Almighty, may it light our way out of the darkness we find ourselves in."

At the finish of this speech, the entire crowd was in tears.

Greg Mortenson,  said at the time,....... "I wish all the Americans who think "Muslim" is just another way of saying Terrorist"  could have been there that day.
The true core tenants of Islam are justice, tolerance, and charity, and Syed Abbas represented the moderate centre of Muslim faith eloquently.

This, just to help balance things out a bit!

Richard.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 4:53am
I have spent several years of my life working in the Middel East; so have a lot of first hand experience of living with Musilm culture and people. I was even in Riyadh when the original Gulf war kicked off in Kuwait. I can tell that the Jihadi's are not main stream, despite the fact they they pose a real problem; but the vast majority of muslims are good people. So please understand that they are as bewildered by the Paris attacks as the rest of us.
However I do believe that their community as a whole has some work to do in expelling the cancer that has attached itself to their faith. and I think some of their leaders are starting to realise the same; all be it a little late!
Only time will tell.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

[
Yes I agree that this is a serious issue and like you I don't know how it will pan out, but I stand by what I said. I said I can not and will not condone self appointed vigilanties or war mongerers who have so little a respect or concern for life that they would be prepared to start WW3. That to me is as bad as any form of terrorism and I want no part of it!
With that thought I will now log off![/QUOTE]

Self appointed vigilante starting WW3! What a load of tosh! The french weren't starting anything but they were butchered where they stood or in some cases sat in their wheel chairs by nut cases prepared to die for their cause. They're the ones who have little respect for for life and ARE prepared to start WW3 to get what they want! Control over the world and they'll get it if we don't show solidarity NOT pussy footing about making lame excuses and accusing those who will and would defend their country and the freedom the likes of YOU currently enjoy Peter.
[/QUOTE]
And there endeth the last lesson!
Tony, as a moderator maybe you would be good enough to delete my membership from this forum please.
Wounding is not an option!
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 10:52pm
[[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree that this is a serious issue and like you I don't know how it will pan out, but I stand by what I said. I said I can not and will not condone self appointed vigilanties or war mongerers who have so little a respect or concern for life that they would be prepared to start WW3. That to me is as bad as any form of terrorism and I want no part of it!
With that thought I will now log off![/QUOTE]

Self appointed vigilante starting WW3! What a load of tosh! The french weren't starting anything but they were butchered where they stood or in some cases sat in their wheel chairs by nut cases prepared to die for their cause. They're the ones who have little respect for for life and ARE prepared to start WW3 to get what they want! Control over the world and they'll get it if we don't show solidarity NOT pussy footing about making lame excuses and accusing those who will and would defend their country and the freedom the likes of YOU currently enjoy Peter.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 9:22pm
It would take more that this forum is liable to want posting and in any case, can not be talked about in a few back and forward posts. I grew up going to one church but have since become more bible centered than church centered and don't attend any of the local churches. I have spent a great deal of time studying our Creator Gods Word over the years and am confident that we are given understanding of what is transpiring. Maybe not in day to day or incident to incident detail but most definitely in the direction the world is heading, the countries involved in the evil and how it will progress toward the climactic resolution.
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 8:06pm
"im a believer - i pray in myt own way - i dont practice in an organized fashion anymore because i have issues with my birth religion - i keep to myself tho i am thankful for each day" I'm the same as you,to a T, A square 10.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 7:13pm
im a believer - i pray in myt own way -  i dont practice in an organized fashion anymore because i have issues with my birth religion - i keep to myself tho i am thankful for each day  - i agree with hoadie about the answers and the outrage , 

i would love to hear , in a reasonable conversation , exactly why one person of a given religion would find it necessary to kill another because of their beliefs , 

i live in an area that is undergoing the readjustment of integration/immigration in a fairly large scale way that has made national news - not international yet , it wont as long as the terrorists keep the front page [why dont we just kill them and be rid of them ?] 

im not hard core right - i tend that direction , ive never been left - the 60s and viet nam set my path , im probably more libertarian as my father was these days - live and let live - dont f#(% with me i wont f#(% with you , type thinking , my father got there on saipan in 44-45 , i got there in the early 80s , life has changed but stayed the same , 

so many are not there yet and will die before they get there , its a sad thing - but we cannot allow it to affect our life - we need to stand strong 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 5:57pm
Well, I aint never been one fer bible readin.
So why isit folks all say stuff like that...but I aint never heard anyone quote it?
I have some very deeply religious friends.They quote the good book all the time.But none of them have an answere for whats going on now. They are all just outraged.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..@ the end of the day, I truly believe we are going to be faced with a bad situation.
We are being over-run..& we aren't able/willing to stem the tide.
So, what is the answere? What do we do?
Stop now & capitulate in order to save lives? Or become filled with a deep resolve that will end us all?
(If I had the answere, I would run for position of "God". If I ever end up with the job - I'll keep y'all in mind)

The thing is Hoadie that God does have the answers to what is going to happen and lays them out systematically in the Bible for those who are inclined to search and understand
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 4:16pm
..@ the end of the day, I truly believe we are going to be faced with a bad situation.
We are being over-run..& we aren't able/willing to stem the tide.
So, what is the answere? What do we do?
Stop now & capitulate in order to save lives? Or become filled with a deep resolve that will end us all?
(If I had the answere, I would run for position of "God". If I ever end up with the job - I'll keep y'all in mind)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 2:38pm
It sounds like your mind is made up whatever, but I'm not advocating vigilantism, I have no idea where you got that from.
Armed Military force isn't vigilantist, nor is armed self defense.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Pukka Bundook Pukka Bundook wrote:

Frenchie,

Don't take it so seriously.  A lot of blokes on here are like the old dog that sits on the porch while the cat walks past..... too old and stiff to do much about it!

This is a serious concern, and I don't know how it will play out.  Feelings run high and people talk a lot but that is normal at such times.
Dinna' go flying off about leaving the site...  that won't help.

A Disunited front would only encourage the beggars, now wouldn't it?
With that thought I will now log off!
Wounding is not an option!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 1:57pm
Frenchie,

Don't take it so seriously.  A lot of blokes on here are like the old dog that sits on the porch while the cat walks past..... too old and stiff to do much about it!

This is a serious concern, and I don't know how it will play out.  Feelings run high and people talk a lot but that is normal at such times.
Dinna' go flying off about leaving the site...  that won't help.

A Disunited front would only encourage the beggars, now wouldn't it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic