Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paris attacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paris attacked
    Posted: November 14 2015 at 6:35am
Is everyone ok?

I think it is time to get serious with these cowards.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 7:40am
Couldn't agree more Paddy! Last count there were 150 dead and god knows how many wounded. ISIS claim responsibility for it and say they plan to have a go at the UK and USA next. I have my own idea as to when it will happen and where over here but I'm keeping my opinions to myself. I just wish they'd declare open season on the scumbags and let those of us who want to hunt them down and grant their wish free reign to do it.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 8:10am
Here in North Caralina there are a large amount of large wild hogs. Death to them by hogs!

Screw them and the goat they rode in on.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 11:03am
I agree it's high time the major powers drop the big hammer on that lot!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 1:21pm
I've been biding my time on this one, contacting  a few French friends I stay in contact with. None of them are anywhere near Paris at this point.
There's some kind of rumor of an attack (in retaliation maybe?) of "refugee" sites in Cherbourg. It was very "chatty" last night but today it's eerily silent.
Paris, if you don't know the city, is very district (arondisment) oriented. They're numbered as well as named & its an oddball spiral pattern. I lived in the 7th, just on the other side of the big curve in the Seine from the 10th & 11th. They have an odd mix of populations there so its no surprise to me. The football stadium is a way North, but an obvious target.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 5:39pm
One of the shanty towns was torched and several people were taken to hospital for burns treatment but as to it being a reprisal I don't know and wouldn't like to comment.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 10:09pm
i just wrote a book and lost the post - 

i believe we will all have to finally deal with this modern muslim invasion one day soon , if we are still able 
LilysDad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilysDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 5:08am
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

Here in North Caralina there are a large amount of large wild hogs. Death to them by hogs!

This quote reminds me of something I read long ago. I believe the British had an issue with the troops at the Khyber Pass. They made the mistake of using pig fat for the paper patching on their bullets.

Why don't we inform ISIS that we are providing lard for our troops to lubricate their weapons and munitions?Big smile
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 7:25am

There’s always been a certain amount of “agita” between Muslim & European people in many European countries.

Two examples from 30+ years ago, so this is not a “new” thing, its just some don’t want to see the problem, so they won’t even when it is blindingly, glaringly obvious.

We had a retail store in front of the studio in Bristol. There were districts surrounding us with Embassies & Consulates, The Theater District & the downtown shopping area, so we had a varied mix of customers including foreign diplomats, ladies of the night & the famous from movies & the theatre.

One of our customers was the son of a Middle-Eastern diplomat. Because of that he had diplomatic immunity so he (& several of his friends) would come in an openly & blatantly steal. This happened dozens of times & eventually they actually paraded the thieving. Finally my manager had enough & belted him while he was waving his diplomatic passport in his face. Then we shredded it, flushed it & denied he’d shown it to us & he was finally arrested till his father bailed him out & got the charges dropped.

Fast-forward a few years to Brussels, Belgium, in a nightclub.

I was there with some friends on a double date. Paul the other guy went to the bar to get drinks & an Arab guy came over offering to PURCHASE his girlfriend, Lisa (who was a buxom blonde) for a gold watch! We were having fun with him till someone pointed out that “RULEX” isn’t a real brand, & then he got aggressive & nasty brandishing a knife. He was thrown out by the bouncers but skated getting arrested.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 1:15pm
I'm back in Paris tonight, was out of town the weekend; but the attacks are not in our area. 
France has upped the bombing in Syria already and I think that the Government are finally waking up to the fact that some serious action is needed. 
There is a large Muslim community in France; and each time there's an attack, they say it's not Islam etc; but the fact is that these Jihadi groups are built within the Muslim community and their community could do an awful lot more to weed out the nutter's!
And you don't even have the right to protect yourself.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 4:21pm
Unfortunately these attacks will continue untill and unless the so called "leaders" except these people for who and what they are. It is not  enough to call them "radical Islam"  or "islamist militants" as a descriptor for those who would harm anyone and everyone who does not conform to their view.  They need to be called muslims, because that is what they are according to Erdogan of Turkey. 

Recep Tayyip Erdogan[ recently returned to exclusive power in Turkey] has stated, (and remember that he is in line to be the codifying force, as a Sufi muslim, between the Sunni and Shiite factions of islam,) that there is no moderate islam and radical islam, there is just islam where "“The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers...”
―Recep Tayyip Erdogan

*Source/Notes:

The only difference between those who will cut off your head now and those who might not is the percentage of them in the population.
It has also been said that the only difference between a moderate and a radical is that the radical wants to kill you while the moderate wants the radical to kill you, -- but they all want you gone so their evil devil worshiping practices can be universal.

Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 8:09pm
amen to that - its just the percentage of population - look at the locations that accepted and are now no longer just tollerant but rather overtaken , lebanon comes to mind 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2015 at 11:33pm
It's been reported the brave ISIS renagades shot wheelchair fans at the concert. France has had a pop at them with a bombing raid but 1 raid isn't enough. A concerted effort by all the countries in Europe would be a start. Raise the whole of the middle east to the ground and send the so called refugees back to clear the mess up.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 1:34am
From what I heard at least one of the cowardly gunmen had a EU passport which was issued in Turkey. By all accounts he came in with a load of other Syrian imigrants.
If this is true then how the he!! do we weed out those that genuinely deserve help and others that are obviously terrorists and want to do nothing other than attack and kill those that are trying to help them along with heaven knows how many innocent people?
Unfortunately I do not feel that stiring up hatred for all muslims is the answer either. Let's be realistic and honest about it, it is only a very small minority muslims that are "extremists". I just don't feel that "tarring them all with the same brush" is fair!
Wounding is not an option!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 4:15am
We had a few minutes silence at 12.00 today; lots of people in the street paying their respects. A few people still driving around but generally well supported.
The question everybody is thinking about is what's next!
I think a line was crossed last January,(Charlie Hebdo massacre) and the politicians seem to have dropped the ball; they need make some serious positive action.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 6:08am
Not every muslim is a terrorist. But every terrorist is a muslim!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic