Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paris attacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 3:33pm
I'm a HUGE believer in freedoms. That was one reason I came to the USA to live.
However I think there is a point where it has to draw a hard line. The old example of "Not calling movie in a crowded firehouse" springs to mind.
For me everyone has the right to freedom of speech, religion & lifestyle. With one huge caveat.
So does everyone else.
The moment your beliefs tell me I can't have my beliefs the line is crossed & needs to be fixed immediately.

There's a basic need in every group to feel superior, or empowered.
Imagine if, going into battle the unit's priest/mullah/rabbi or whatever said:
"Sorry guys, God/Allah/Yahweh is on the other side today. Good luck anyway."

If there is a divine, all powerful being he must be really confused when both sides inform him that he's on their side!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 5:10pm
thats what is wrong with all the PC moves these days - the tollerant offering tollerance only to those that agree with them , otherwise you are commiting a hate crime , 

in terms of free speech - all here are to have it not just the press or the liberals , even the bigots and intolerant have the right to say what they want -we dont have to listen , 

these radicals will take it all away if possible we cannot allow that , 

and to exercise my first amendment right i will add that i am currently ashamed of my countries and this administrations attitude of denial of the truth of these radicals intent and our need to take firm and determined steps to eliminate them , 
as long as they continue to blur the facts with all their ignorant pacifity we all globally remain targets - only a unified stance by all against this will succeed 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 11:04pm
History repeats itself yet again. Pre war Gemany the Brownshirts and Hitler youth terrorising the public. Then the invasions and a nasty bitter war to clean up the mess. To prevent war we are going to have to make war. The west is up against a savage enemy and the only way to stop them is to hunt them down and execute them. Close all borders. Intern ALL refugees flatten the place then transport them back to where they came from, give them brushes and dustpans and set them on cleaning up the mess.

This post should stirr up a hornets nest!Evil Smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 12:21am
The blinkers need to come off
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:00am
LIVE UPDATES: Three Dead including ONE FEMALE SUICIDE BOMBER in ongoing Paris Terror operation -

CONFIRMED: THREE DEAD  INC FEMALE W/ SUICIDE BELT. 1X CIVILIAN. THREE MORE ARRESTED. ABDELHAMID ABAAOUD STATUS UNKNOWN.

Le Monde and other French media say they have confirmation from police and judicial sources that three of the people targeted in the police operation are dead, including a woman who blew herself up with an explosive belt.

It is clear that some major terror plot was afoot. The mastermind and several of his fighters were altogether not too far from the site of the attacks on Friday the 13th.

More here: Explosions and Heavy Gunfire in Paris Suburb of Saint-Denis

Agence France-Presse now reports two people arrested in the St-Denis raid.

The information from Paris now is coming thick and fast, and it is advisable to treat numbers of dead, injured and arrested as provisional until this can be properly confirmed.

The police operation in St-Denis is ongoing, but here is what we currently know: (Guardian)

–Heavy shooting, including automatic gunfire, and explosions have been reported in St-Denis, a northern Paris suburb. St-Denis is where the Stade de France, one of the targets of Friday’s attacks, is located, although the current operation is in the centre of the suburb, close to the basilica.
–The targets of the raid are the suspected mastermind of the Paris attacks, Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud; as well as Salah Abdeslam and another suspect thought to be a ninth attacker.
–Two or three men are reported to have barricaded themselves in an apartment, exchanging gunfire with officers. It is not confirmed that these men are the suspects named above.
–Shooting began at 4.30am local time (0330 GMT) and has continued in bursts in the hours since. At least seven explosions have been heard.
–Three police officers have been reported injured in the operation, apparently not seriously. At least one person has reportedly died, but this has not been confirmed.
Roads have been closed off and the police operation is ongoing, with large numbers of police officers and police vehicles in the area. Military reinforcements have also arrived.
–Residents have been told to stay in their homes and away from windows. Some have been moved to a temporary shelter in the town hall. Transport to St-Denis has been suspended and schools will not open on Wednesday.

IN PARTICULAR< READ THE TWEET AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINK WHERE IT TELLS OF 200 POLICE UNIFORMS, ROCKET LAUNCHERS AND RIFLES BEING FOUND IN POLICE RAIDS IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE.
- See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2015/11/live-updates-three-dead-including-one-female-suicide-bomber-in-ongoing-paris-terror-operation.html/#sthash.sZxl0reJ.dpuf
Von Gruff

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:18am
Here in Paris we are following this quite closely as you can imagine! Good work by the Police force this morning. 
Over 5000 rounds of ammunition fired by the police force! 5 police injured, 2 dead terrorists including the female suicide bomb and I believe 8 people arrested.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 12:16pm
It dosent  say so Zed,  but is this in one of the no go zones they everyone keeps denying??
Von Gruff

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 12:28pm
It would be fair to say that Saint Denis is a bit of a rough area! Personally I don't go to the "banlieu" much; as I have no reason to go there. It seems this group was well primed for action and had lots of weapons. So well done to the Police and glad to hear that they are only minor injuries for those 5 police.

I must say that I would be happier living in New Zealand! Having spent a month in the South Island; it is the best place on earth! And a long way from all this crap at the moment!

Sad news about Jonah Lomu. A great sportsman and a great human being by all accounts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 12:51pm
There's also talk of a car with 4 more tagged at the border & a Conex "Seacrate" full of weapons & ammo being interrupted at the docks.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Zed Zed wrote:

It would be fair to say that Saint Denis is a bit of a rough area! Personally I don't go to the "banlieu" much; as I have no reason to go there. It seems this group was well primed for action and had lots of weapons. So well done to the Police and glad to hear that they are only minor injuries for those 5 police.

I must say that I would be happier living in New Zealand! Having spent a month in the South Island; it is the best place on earth! And a long way from all this crap at the moment!

Sad news about Jonah Lomu. A great sportsman and a great human being by all accounts.

Plenty of room for good people here Zed. Plenty of opportunities to exercise a 303 down here in the South. I was pleased to hear that Jonah had had a very fulfilling time at the RWC and to finish it off with a family holiday so at least they will have had that as a final reminder of him.

Unlike so many who have been effected by the ongoing evil to hit France.
Von Gruff

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 3:21pm
..as I understand it, a police dog paid the ultimate price in this mornings actions
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 6:52pm
"......It seems this group was well primed for action and had lots of weapons. ......."

SO - if i understand right france is one of the european countries with strict gun laws , i know the law abiding follow the rules - ive seen posts on more than one site that acknowledge that , 

just where do all this itms of firepower come from ? and how is it that these terrorists can posses them in a country with strict laws like this ? 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:19pm
Yeah it did poor thing. The female terrorist blew herself up and the dog

As to where they get the guns from despite strict gun laws that's easy. They're smuggled in either over the border or sent by sea. We had the same problem during the troubles with the IRA, boat loads of the stuff was sent by Lybia. Open borders make it even easier now.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:33pm
Apparently a lot are just driven in from Eastern Europe. Even on the continental coach routes from Serbia etc. With open borders for a lot of Europe, it's not dificult to move it around if you have a supplier!
For us who legally own fire arms, you need your European Firearms Passport for travel!
Frenchieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

History repeats itself yet again. Pre war Gemany the Brownshirts and Hitler youth terrorising the public. Then the invasions and a nasty bitter war to clean up the mess. To prevent war we are going to have to make war. The west is up against a savage enemy and the only way to stop them is to hunt them down and execute them. Close all borders. Intern ALL refugees flatten the place then transport them back to where they came from, give them brushes and dustpans and set them on cleaning up the mess.

This post should stirr up a hornets nest!Evil Smile

Tony, you know that I am a straight talker so I have no option other than to reply to your thread where you openly admit to trying to stir up a hornets nest.
If you are condoning violence and killing by saying (As you put it) "the only way to stop them is to hunt them down and execute them". Would you be willing to do the executing? and if so would that not just make you just another Jehadi John? Would you like to be put in the same catagory as another Jehadi John?
Plus of course if we all followed the same line of thinking as you then I believe that we would most certainly be seeing World War III pretty quickly - And that is something that I hope I will never have to witness!
In one of  your earlier posts you say something like "Not all muslims are terrorists - all terrorists are muslims! This statement is simply not true, and well you know it! You have mentioned the IRA - They were certainly "terrorists" but they certainly were not muslims - Or am I thinking about a different IRA than you??
Stiring up hatred and hunting down every muslim who you think is a terrorist is not the answer, nor is it a resonnable line of thinking. If we all thought and spoke like that it would make us all "extremists" or "terrorists" too?
Wounding is not an option!
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 7:08am
Never come across an Irish Muslim Pete but I came across plenty of murderous Paddies and shot quite a few! AND YES I would be prepared to hunt them down. WW3 or not if we don't do something to stop them we'll be the opressed minority in our own country!! There's no point in trying to moderate opinions on here I recon most of the lads are right behind me! This isn't the SD forum we call a spade a spade
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic