Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting close to the end !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting close to the end !!!
    Posted: March 30 2016 at 8:05am
Yes I can see the light at the end of the tunnel !!!!!!
   I got the pipe strain on the last pump skid sold off to the inspector last night !! sold 2 alignments and started on the last one and turned it over to the Day Supervisor !!!!  now Im just waiting for Chevron to release me so I can go home !!!
I have been in this Refinery since February!!  Started helping the compressor crew and then got my crew in here for the Millwright work !!!!  Damaged a $95K coupling trying doing an alignment on a centrifugal compressor !
Thought that would have at least got us ran out of here ...but to no avail !!!!  So I started checking the time with my phone !!! nope its to close to the end of this turn around for them to run ya off !!!!

So now im looking forward to seeing my new granddaughter again , and putting some lead down range !!!
AND I think Im going to sleep for about 2 days !! with doing the time and having problems with my company computer Im behind on sleep !!!  so maybe I will get some photos of me shooting some of my Enfields when I get home !!! I will post them for Y'all !!!
So wish me luck and keep yer fingers crossed the let us go tonight when I go back in to work !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 8:19am
Wlhite Rhino be safe. When you get tired issues happen.

Get some good sleep, enjoy your famaly, Paw Paw, and go out and kill something you can eat.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 8:51am
Good luck and stay safe, Rhino. Sleep deprivation is a nasty bugger!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

Good luck and stay safe, Rhino. Sleep deprivation is a nasty bugger!

Around here a nasty bugger is Hoadie during a beer shortage.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 1:08pm
Over here the road from Fort Mac can be a widowmaker.
Blokes driving home dog -tired after their stint up north.  Best get sleep & then drive.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 2:27pm
Beer shortage??!! Here we go again! Nobody told me bout a shortage!
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Pukka Bundook Pukka Bundook wrote:

Over here the road from Fort Mac can be a widowmaker.
Blokes driving home dog -tired after their stint up north.  Best get sleep & then drive.

Boy - do I know that devil well. When I worked at Ford in Oakville, it was 10 hr shifts.(So your there 11). But you had a drive in that was a nightmare (Toronto traffic), so it would take an hour or more to get there (Its only 80 kms away!) Do your shift, & try to drive home. In the van-pool, the driver was just as tired as everyone else, but everyone else would doze off.
The number of times we ran off the hi-way..man - howsit we're still alive?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 7:50pm
".....Around here a nasty bugger is Hoadie during a beer shortage....."

im right there with him all the way , dont even think of shorting me on my beer , 

do take care WR - get home safe and enjoy the family 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 6:44am
Well I didnt get let loose yet , But I let loose 2 from the crew this morning ... one had drill for the reserves and the other I wanted off my crew due to his actions !!!!  I dont think I have any more stuff left to put him on to keep my other guys from strangling him !!!!  That guy was the most obnoxious person I have ever had work for me ever !!! When I talked to him about what he was doing that was irritating the others on my crew and the Recip supervisors crew , he just laughed and said "thats me !"
So after my email to my manager last night , that guy will not be back on any of my future jobs !!  or even any that my manager sets up !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:35am
Get home soon White Rhino while your family remember what you look like and the dog will not bite you.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 3:11pm
Paddy - you mean dogS...they have a whack of 'em!
They don't call it the WYCKOFF farm for nothing.
These folks have more critters than Ellie-May did!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Paddy - you mean dogS...they have a whack of 'em!
They don't call it the WYCKOFF farm for nothing.
These folks have more critters than Ellie-May did!

But does he walk around with a pet possum or a monkey?

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2016 at 3:42am
no...but he USED to have a pet Nutri - rat..& they have dogs(6 Methinks), pea-hens, goats, asst'd cats, chickens, geese...come to think of it...I re-call him saying something about building an ark?
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2016 at 6:55am
Well the Goats are gone !!! Lisa sold them !!!for the price she got I need to keep my eyes open for more !!!   Oh and we did have a possum about 21 years ago !!!  and a flying squirrel and some fox squirrels !!!
"White Rhino"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2016 at 8:25am
I have a cow, a few goats, chickens, and a mule that is a boarder for cash.

Think about getting some turkeys but they are a lot of work.

I used to have a steer named hamburger but you all know what happened.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2016 at 8:51am
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

I used to have a steer named hamburger but you all know what happened.

Reminds me of the two pigs my dad and stepmom had once. One was named Sausage, the other was named Bacon. Man, they were tasty!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic