Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Globco Mohawk .303 semi-auto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globco Mohawk .303 semi-auto
    Posted: May 13 2016 at 4:16pm
Another score from a buddy. As the title implies, it's a Globco Mohawk semi-auto loader in .303 British. Manufactured from an SVT 40 and in great shape. I fired 20 rounds out of it a few months ago on a hunting trip and it functions perfectly. Apparently it likes only 150 grain soft points and has a 5 round magazine. Pictures will come once the rifle is delivered. Anybody else here have one of these rifles? I'd like to know what you all think of these rifles, good, bad or ugly! Well ugly for sure, not the nicest fish in the aquarium, LOL.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 4:22pm
that sounds pretty cool. im excited to see some pics of it.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 4:27pm
pack that in with the bayo..& I'll give it a go. I'll give you my "honest"opinion.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 5:15pm
Okay, Hoadie!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 8:37pm
I look forward to pics and some day I will visit Canuckistan and you will have to let me shoot it! Thumbs Up
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 6:37am
Bear...where Canuck is..is more like "CANJING" province.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 10:05am
Isn't that where anybody who could get out of Hong Kong before the Commies took over went?

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 2:27pm
dunno bout that..but there is more Chineese there now..than anything else...& there doesn't seem to be an end to it. Property values there have skyrocketed because the Chineese are buying it all up..even an abandoned house - falling down, went 1.4 MILLION. Nobody that's 1st time buyers can get into the market now..& the same thing is happening in Toronto (where Caucasians are actually a minority, now).
Just outside Toronto is Bramalea..which has now become "Bramala-desh". You will have a hard time finding any other ethnic than a Packistani there.
..Even here in Niagara..@ 1st I thot it was a huge influx of Chineese, due to Brock University..but no -its not..they ar buying up property & driving everything up. (I dunno how they all get here & stay, cuz I cant see legal immigration in these numbers).
There is a small property across street from me (was the garage for the new house beside it). Its bin 4 sale for years @ $79,000.(Uninhabitable really, rotten floor-no basement-hydro wires hanging everywhere) Just sold for $104,00!! 8 doors up from me - same thing. Couldn't sell @ $120,00 no basement-garage falling down..listed @ $140,000 & had offers OVER list within 2 hrs of listing..nuts All Chineese
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 3:37pm
Hoadie is correct.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 3:44pm
Bear, your on! I'll even supply the ammo.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 4:17pm
..bring your own: Chineese to English dictionary
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 4:36pm
The Oriental populations that are climbing are in Vancouver and Richmond, BC mostly. Where I live that population hasn't expanded into yet.I'm in the country now, farms and cattle ranching. Lakes, mountains and rivers. I avoid going into Vancouver like avoiding the black plague. Nothing there for me at all.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 6:48pm
...& you forgot the federal prison.(You - of all people!)

..all ya gotta do is wait.. They'll be along. You can run - but you can't hide. (I will continue to get worse..thanx to Tru-dope & his gang).

Funny thing is - all this $ is coming from mainland China. Folks @ home are funding the folks here. I was always lead to believe that the Chineese didn't have huge amounts of money. Evidentally - I was wrong.
Another thing that I don't understand, is their obsession with brand - name goods. They have to have them. The kids working in the computer store next to me, all drive new BMW, Mercedes & Cadillacs. (The $ is coming from home, not from what they earn!)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 4:14pm
Yep, Kent maximum security federal prison is a mere 4 kms from my house. I feel safe though, with a little help from my wood and iron friends...wink wink!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 6:18pm
Does anyone have a report on the quality of the NORINCO M-14 knock-off in .308?
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 6:42pm
Saw one at my range a while back. The fellow seemed to enjoy his experience with that rifle. I didn't get to look at it closely but it sure seemed groovy to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic